Question Of The Day 19 May, 2019

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like novels and autobiographies, I like most of Stephen King's works (especially the stuff from the 70's and 80's), any book that deals with dogs, cats or any animals (especially about husbandry practices, handling, etc.)
So you've probably read and love The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I'm currently reading it. Such a beautifully written story. It's going to take quite some time since it's a long novel. I'm enjoying every minute I spend with it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I did love Girl on the Train! My favorite book is a Stephen King Novel, Duma Key. While it has his usual supernatural horror element it is really a wonderfully written story about human resilience and I read it at I time I really needed it.

I do read, well actually listen to, a wide range of books. But no murder mysteries or crime stories. I just think they are too negative.

Favorite authors are Stephen King, Jonathon Tropper, Joshlyn Jackson.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to read and re-read and read again. I read while I am on the elliptical and the time goes much faster that way. I like a good, clean romance. No "bodice rippers" for me thanks. :p I read a lot of historical but also modern; depending on my mood. I don't like to get sucked into a book that will make me cry though. I like my happily-ever-afters. ;) Occasionally I will go for a mystery or something a little suspenseful. It just depends on my mood. DH doesn't read a ton; but he will get things more thriller/suspenseful. Lately I've been reading mostly non-fiction; but this weekend I did some reading just for fun.

I don't know that anyone here really shares my tastes but there is plenty out there today. I've found a few favorite indie authors thanks to Amazon. I've found a few that were awful too though. And plenty in the middle. ;) It just bugs me when I'm reading a historical and the author is too lax on the period details. It's distracting. I don't mind some things; but I've read a few where I think the author forgot what time period we were supposed to be in. Either by using modern phrases or just unrealistic for the time-period actions. Sometimes you can tell who did their research and who didn't. :ohwell: The book I finished today the cook's name changed for a chapter or two and then suddenly it was back to the first name. And she wasn't a minor character.... :dunno:

I really don't watch much tv or movies. I'm more likely to pull out one I've seen a dozen times when I'm in the rare mood to watch something than I am to watch something new. One of the best parts of having kids is that I get to watch Disney movies. Sometimes after they go to bed. But I really don't care for the movie theater at all. (I am kind of excited about the new Aladdin movie coming out!)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to read, when I have time, and don't really have a preference. I like so many different things, it all depends on my mood and how much I want to concentrate. Sometimes you just need a bit of brain candy to help you relax.
Movies are the same for me. I like it all. Suspense, horror, fantasy, sci-fi, comedy...all of it. Again, it all depends on my mood.