Question If The Day - Thursday 5 July

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi everyone :D

What is your favorite season, spring, summer, fall or winter ? :fallsmiley: :sunshine:

For me, Spring is my favorite. It's no longer too cold but not to warm either. The days feel crisp and fresh. :)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite season is Summer, by far. I like the long days, beautiful sunsets, birds chirping, visiting the ocean, the feel of the warmth. Somehow, I feel my best in Summer.
:fish: :sunshine: :tree: :tree: :evergreen:

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hard question, because there's something in each season that I love, and I find the changing of season always so refreshing.

If I have to pick though, I'd say summer. It used to be winter, because I was born in winter and I love the crisp cold wintry air and especially love when it snows. But over the past few years, the long and cold and dark Canadian winters got to me (here is when the rest of Canada laughs at us Torontonians for complaining about the cold winter when pretty much anywhere else in Canada is much colder and snowy...but I digress).

Then last year, I went to the South of France in the hottest time of the year (end of July to early August), where I was out and about doing physical activities every day under hot and humid 36C+ degree weather...and it was glorious! So now I embrace summer and its heat and eagerly soak up all the sun! I wish my body has a storage system where I can collect the sunshine and hot temperature and lush greens in the summer for use in the winter, for Winter is Coming...(couldn't help it with the last bit...lol).

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fall and Winter, and especially those weeks where it's too cold to actually be Fall but not cold enough to be Winter and you get a lot of book and fireplace friendly cold, windy days =)
I do love Spring and Summer, though!!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard question, because there's something in each season that I love, and I find the changing of season always so refreshing.

If I have to pick though, I'd say summer. It used to be winter, because I was born in winter and I love the crisp cold wintry air and especially love when it snows. But over the past few years, the long and cold and dark Canadian winters got to me (here is when the rest of Canada laughs at us Torontonians for complaining about the cold winter when pretty much anywhere else in Canada is much colder and snowy...but I digress).

Then last year, I went to the South of France in the hottest time of the year (end of July to early August), where I was out and about doing physical activities every day under hot and humid 36C+ degree weather...and it was glorious! So now I embrace summer and its heat and eagerly soak up all the sun! I wish my body has a storage system where I can collect the sunshine and hot temperature and lush greens in the summer for use in the winter, for Winter is Coming...(couldn't help it with the last bit...lol).
That's the only bad thing about Winter is the lack of sun.
I wish seasons gently transitioned and only lasted a month or so, so no one had enough time to get sick of them.
3 Springs, 3 Summers, 3 Falls, 3 Winters a year. I'd be totally OK with that =)

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's the only bad thing about Winter is the lack of sun.
I wish seasons gently transitioned and only lasted a month or so, so no one had enough time to get sick of them.
3 Springs, 3 Summers, 3 Falls, 3 Winters a year. I'd be totally OK with that =)
Yeah! The short days and dark nights are especially hard, and it gets harder as the winter drags along...

What an interesting idea about more rotations! Keep the excitement of a new season fresh before it gets too much!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah! The short days and dark nights are especially hard, and it gets harder as the winter drags along...

What an interesting idea about more rotations! Keep the excitement of a new season fresh before it gets too much!
I don't mind it being dark by 6 or 7, but when it's dark at 4:30..boo =(
My problem is extreme heat intolerance. I want to enjoy summer and be outside but if and when it gets very hot I'm incapable, and whatever I do is done at snails pace and it's just not enjoyable at all. I love fall because all the animals start getting more energy!!!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love spring because it means we got through winter And winter is no.4 on my list. Spring means summer is coming And spring in the south means the azaleas, dogwoods, tulip trees, daffodils and other flowers are blooming It is warm enough to be outside but It is not yet 90 with 85% humidity. A time of rebirth and promise. And there is nothing like the "spring green" of the trees and bushes

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Without a doubt, Fall is by far my favorite season. I only wish it lasted longer. I love everything about that time of year from the cooler temps to the leaves changing colors, crackling fires, and pumpkin everything especially Halloween.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love spring because it means we got through winter And winter is no.4 on my list. Spring means summer is coming And spring in the south means the azaleas, dogwoods, tulip trees, daffodils and other flowers are blooming It is warm enough to be outside but It is not yet 90 with 85% humidity. A time of rebirth and promise. And there is nothing like the "spring green" of the trees and bushes
And baby animals!!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fall is my favorite season. :D it's cool, but not cold (yet). apples are in season here!!! :cloud9: fall also means that my summer projects should be almost if not totally completed! :yess: and my cats start wanting to snuggle in bed with me too! :catlove:
The cuddle thing is a biggie because one of mine refuses to lay near me when it's hot, but when it gets cooler they not only want to cuddle, but up against me UNDER the covers...so cuddly and snuggle-y =)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cuddle thing is a biggie because one of mine refuses to lay near me when it's hot, but when it gets cooler they not only want to cuddle, but up against me UNDER the covers...so cuddly and snuggle-y =)
yes!! i love when my cats pile in- and onto the bed with me at night! :cloud9: it makes me feel like all is right in our little slice of the world, and i sleep really well and deeply.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I lived up north it was summer. Plenty of sunshine and winter was far away. Spring was better than winter but still had colder days. Fall? No thanks. Too many leaves to deal with and every day that went by was one day closer to evil winter. :running: :cold:

Since moving to Florida, it's winter. Mild temperatures most of the time, still plenty of sunshine and NO SNOW. :sunshine: