Question from a new kitten *mommy*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*Sigh*

I woke up at dawn this morning and realized kitty's diarrhea is back. Kitty soiled the bedding and itself, was a little restless. I cleaned it up and kitty was screaming mad. I felt so helpless. Anyway, I went to the store later and bought some pedialyte and mix it with kitty's formula to dilute it.

He was restless the whole morning and refused to stay in the nest box. After the third feeding, it finally calmed down and went to sleep. The last stool was a little runny but the consistently has improved, not as runny. I am just hoping kitty will pull through this.

The vet appointmet is not until next week and I work full time. I bring him along so I can nurse it and I can't take a day off to bring it to the vet.

I just hope kitty will be fine and that the new formula/pedialyte will make him feel better. Also, I notice its tummy making lots of noises during feeding time..it goes like ... grrrrrrrr...grrrr....I doubt its too hungry since I've been feeding it every 2 hours.

Hmmm...it's getting more challenging as each day goes by ...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, when i found Java, she had a bacterial intestinal overgrowth - fancy way of saying she had something they couldn't pinpoint. anyway, she had terrible gas
& tended to sleep on my my shoulder, so i smelled it [a lot!]. then she developed diarrhea. she was considerably older than your kitten [about 3.5 months] but it took 2 rounds of antibiotics plus a round of probiotics to get her to normal.

if it's possible to move up the vet appointment, then do so.