Question About Ringworm

treuor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, my 9 month old cat got diagnosed with ringworm. I adopted her from a shelter almost a month ago, and 2 weeks ago, I noticed I had red spots on my skin. I'm a college student, and I didn't even know really what ringworm was, so I just thought it was a bug bite. A week later and more spots arising, I notice the first one I got was forming a ring shape and my friend told me that it looked like ringworm. So the next day, I went to the vet and was told that she doesn't have any lesions and that she's carrying the fungus in her fur and gave me some shampoo (although it wasn't in, so I had to wait several days.......). Today, I got the shampoo and gave her a bath. I'm just confused with what I should do. I've read A LOT and I've disinfected with antifungal disinfectant on the floor, the desk, etc., washed my sheets, clothes, towels, etc. with bleach or borax. So, basically I haven't found a solid answer for this anywhere. I gave her her first bath with this shampoo, so how long until she can sleep with me again? She hardly sheds (I'll run my fingers through her fur and try to grab any that will come up, and i come up empty every time). Washing my comforter is a pain that I don't want to do several times, but I don't want to quarantine her for a long time. I've been putting her into the bathroom at night and let her out during the day (this was before she started treatment, and I would cover my bed with a sheet so nothing would get infected). I've bought a vacuum and vacuumed. I just don't know if shampooing gets rid of most of the spores or not. I know i'm supposed to do it for 2-4 weeks to be certain, but what time is safe for her to be back to normal with me? SOrry for the ramble lol

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay..my kitten gave me and our 6 other cats ringworm and i panicked!!

I opted for the sporanox treatment...very expensive...325$ a bottle..but the ringworm was gone in about 3 weeks.

I also bought this spray mixture to kill ringworm and sprayed it on scratching posts...etc.

Washed my bedding...make sure you get the bleach botle that says it kills 99.9% germs....

And last..don't panic...