question about purring....

dreamey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hadn't thought this might be an issue until I was reading threads from people about meows.

I have a cat who purrs very loudly! strangely there are times that he will be in my arms purring as she also shivers.

My little girl (ok, so not so little) doesn't make a sound, but I can feel her purring when I put my hand on her upper chest - and no she doesn't shiver, it is only that area that is moving (and her head when she is trying to hide it in my hand).

should I worry about that? is she  not as comfy as I think she is?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats just have a very quiet purr.  Our Punkin is like that, almost completely silent.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
My little girl has a very loud purr and a very in audible meows. My boy is opposite. Guess it depends on the cat!

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was an article in some national newspaper about a cat purring at over 90 decibles, which is the same as a Boeing jet landing. On the opposite end of the spectru, I didn't know that one of my cats, Memphis, could purr for months after I got him. I can barely hear it even when there are no other noises around, but I can see and feel his chest vibrating when I pet him.