Status
Not open for further replies.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Prowler has 21 toes
A little off topic but how long does it take to trim her claws?

There was a red female adoptable at the local shelter and I was tempted to pick her up but I know how Meish reacts to other cats.

Oh I'd love a red female... how special.

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cangus

Interesting that I happened across this thread ... I recently took in a stray orange female cat, although I'm unsure of the breed. She's a long haired, orange, very soft haired cat, with a ruff and a small face with yellow eyes ... I was looking through different breeds online, and all I came up with was a tabby .. I used tohave one, and the facial features are quite different between the two and the length of hair and whiskers are much longer ... any ideas?
Tabby is not a breed, it's a color pattern.

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The thing with red females is this: They have to inherit red from both parents while males can become red inheriting red from only one parent.

So, a tortie and a red male can produce red females as can a red female bred to a red male.

A black (or blue, or lilac) female can NOT produce red females when mated with a red male.

Statistically 1/3 of all the red cats are females and 2/3 are male.

j. otte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I had to take him in to get him declawed partially- by that I mean his second dewclaw that was high up off the ground, the claw kept growing into his pad causing the pad to bleed.
I had to partially declaw my indoor only (all my cats are indoor only) poly boy... While I could count 24 toes total on the outside (seven toes on each front paw), vet said that there was even more deformity in the actual front paws that caused several TINY claws to be growing that you couldn't see unless you spread open each toe area.... and they would have kept getting infected and such inside of the paw because it was such a crazy deformity, they would have kept growing into the foot....

He's great though... he's my fav. cat of all... so much personality and just an all around awesome cat.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Oh Tillie is looking as cute as ever, Sue!
She is such a sweet little old lady. So dignified and proper.

Sometimes, she stares out into nothingness and "talks". We call that "contacting the mothership".

skless

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That lady is an opinionated kook. I also had a female red/orange tabby. We found her at our apartment complex when she was about 5 wks old down by a little creek. My vet said that a female was rare and the entire office came in to see the little female orange tabby. she, Kyra, unfortunatly didn't live long, as she was diagnosed with the feline aids virus, but we enjoyed her while she was with us and thought that it was cool to have a little "rare" kitten. So back to the lady...imbecile!

Status
Not open for further replies.