Question About New Kittens Getting Along?

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats Lynxx is 9 years old, Luna is 5 months old. Midnight is 3 months old. Autumn is 3 1/2 months old.
Lynxx was very upset when Luna came here. We thought getting another kitten would help her. She could play with the other kitten, and leave Lynxx alone. 3 days later we got Midnight only he was a lot younger than her, and they weren't able to play together right away, but they got along. Luna and Midnight were best pals at first sight. Last week we got Autumn.
Autumn we thought would be the same, great friends right off. The moment we brought her through the door Midnight hissed at her. Luna tried to be friends with her that night, Autumn hissed and attacked her. Autumn even hissed and clawed Lynxx's face. Whatever was wrong between Autumn and Lynxx seems to be solved now, because their acting like best friends. They touch noses and rub up against each other. The only thing Lynxx won't do is play with her. He refuses to play with any of the kittens.
How long does it normally take kittens to get along? Autumn isn't even trying with Luna and Midnight. She doesn't hiss and growl at them anymore, but she ignores them, wants nothing to do with them. I thought they'd get along great because their kittens, and kittens like to play with each other. I thought it would be like when Luna and Midnight first saw each other. I guess I was wrong. I know it hasn't even been a week yet, but like I said the other 2 got along at first sight.
I've never had multiple cats before, and these 3 came here back to back, that's why I'm asking.

evercats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
People often think cats and kittens get along perfectly fine (like dogs), however this often time isn't the case - even with kittens.

My best advice is to hang in there and keep the peace, while letting them explore or ignore each other. In due time, they'll become accustom to one another and begin to rely on each other for play and grooming.

So long as nobody is getting hurt, patience is all it takes : )

cat connection

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some cats get along right away and some never do. The reality is that cats will work things out among themselves. I run a rescue and have only done cage free cat rooms.

I have never had a cat actually hurt another cat. They learn who to avoid and who to play with.

Be sure though that you are giving all equal attention. Lynx will probably not be intersted in the younger cats, but in time they will all find their place in the kitty pack