Question About Cat-to-cat Introduction/behavior

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ads3j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Norachan,
Could they be playing too rough? It, at times, seems Lilly is way more interested in the rough play, although it does seem they take turns as who is dominant in the play. I just worry that Millie is used to this kind of aggression. Lilly generally is the one who starts the really aggressive stuff. There will be some squeaks and meows, but no hissing or ears bent back etc... they also break away and stay together. It is play, but I'm afraid it's overwhelming Millie, she's been away from any cat contact most her life (1 year old this month, been with us since 7 weeks). This morning while I was petting and kissing Millie, Lilly and she made eye-contact and Lilly jumped on the bed and Millie went into full halloween cat mode with the raised fur and arched back and erect tail. She wasn't startled, they were aggressively staring at each other. Nothing came of it but nose touches, but I do sense that Millie is not always as eager for Lilly's aggression. This all seems so weird since just a few weeks ago Lilly barely would come out from under the safe-room chair. And initially Millie would chase her everywhere - we were afraid Millie was driving Lilly nuts, now it's the opposite. I guess these are natural behaviors for cat negotiations, but we've never had cat(s) before so it's perplexing/concerning/new. I appreciate that you always check in and respond, very nice to have you as a forum friend.