Question About Behavior After Neuter

flambardslover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
My four month old kitten was neutered two days ago (Thursday morning). He is normally a VERY feisty kitten. Always on the move, playing with things, biting you (in play), chasing his kitty friends, and rough housing with his doggy sister.

Today he is very strange. Ever since his neuter he has calmed down a bit but today he is extremely calm. He just wants to be on me cuddling. He doesn’t want to be away from me and just wants to sleep.

Tonight he wasn’t excited about dinner which is very odd for him. Then he didn’t even finish off his food... normally he finishes his and then tries to go for his sisters.

Do you think this is normal? Should I be taking him to the emergency vet tonight? I am known to be overly paranoid with my pets but.. they are our family as I’m sure you all agree and I can’t help but worry.

Please let me know what you all think. I’ve fostered a ton of kittens and cats, from experience that way it’s normally hard to keep male kittens calm after surgery so this behavior is weird to me

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am wondering if he might've picked up an upper respiratory infection from the stress of going to the vet's and the neuter. I'd keep an eye on him. If he continues not eating as normal, get him to the vet.