Question about a cat I saw yesterday

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the local pet store to buy some food. I visited the cats they had for adoption. There was a very distinguished cat with sharp features, really distinct. He was silver and had markings that were a darker silver. The think is they were stripes that seemed to run around the body instead of length ways. Sorry I didn't have any way to take a picture. Has anyone seen anything that even remotely sounds like this. He was big and beautiful.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can google cat breeds and you will probably find an image of the type of cat you are looking for. 

But it sounds like an awesome cat! 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I googled all kinds of cat breeds and found nothing similar to it. The stripes seemed to run around its body. I wish I could have taken a picture, or better yet, the cat.:lol3:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marble Bengals are bred to have a sort of horizontally flowing pattern,  if that's what you mean?   

look up silver marble Bengal

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Maybe an Oriental Shorthair?   "Sharp features" does sound like an Oriental. and they come in hundreds of colors and patterns,  and silver tabbies are pretty popular.   A Serengeti is actually part Oriental. 

Try doing a Google Image search for  Silver Mackerel Tabby Oriental Shorthair , and see if any of the photos resemble that cat. 

Of course keep in mind the cat might be a breed but not bred to the breed standard. so not looking like photos of show cats. 

Or the cat might be a mix.

or even a total moggy who just turned out like that by accident.      

Sounds like a very striking cat, anyway. 

I wish you'd taken a photo!   Maybe there is  a photo posted online on Petfinder or somewhere? 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't have a camera with me. My phone doesn't have one. I think I am going to call the store in the morning and see if they still have the cat. He was beautiful. I hope they find a home for it.:nod: