Queening problems

Maddoxmerc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
momma gave birth to a stillborn but didn't have the strength to get it out in one go. Was covered in water bloody discharge with strong musty odor. 12 more hours and still no new contractions but many kittens to go. She seems comfortable, has drank water and moved around the room. Seems to be still doing her thing but really weak. Cleaned her up best I could with a warm cloth. Should I give her the night to try and produce another kitten?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d get her to the vet ASAP if you’re certain she still has kittens in her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would get her checked by a vet. She may need a Caesarian section to save the kittens.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
momma gave birth to a stillborn but didn't have the strength to get it out in one go. Was covered in water bloody discharge with strong musty odor. 12 more hours and still no new contractions but many kittens to go. She seems comfortable, has drank water and moved around the room. Seems to be still doing her thing but really weak. Cleaned her up best I could with a warm cloth. Should I give her the night to try and produce another kitten?
How is it going? What I understand, its a vet errand now. I hope you got help!

If you by any reason cant get vet help, what you can try with is to give her lotsa of calcium, whatever she takes. The quickest is probably egg shells crushed into a fine powder... Or some other calcium preparate. Of foods, goats milk, cheese, youghurt, kmr. Whatever she takes and as much you can press into her.
Because lack of calcium do cause weak labor...

As she is weak, some glucose sugar / dextrose may give more quick energhy.... In USA it will typically be a couple of drops on the gum, inside of the lips. Repeat now and then.