Queen delivered 4 beautiful kittens but..

Viktor Melo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help me,

I'm afraid there is one more to come and it has been a quite long (more than 2 hours ago) since she delivered the 4th kitten.
Is that normal?

I will send 2 pics
20240118_122127.jpg
20240118_122133.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Viktor Melo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had a queen wait until the next day to finish. More importantly how is she acting? Has she been straining, panting, yowling or showing signs of distress in those 2 hours? If you are concerned can you call your mentor or vet?
She is fine, tired of course, but the kittens are ok too, no sign of distress and she ate that "thing" in the first pic, i think she has finished now.
I guess it was a kitten who unfortunately didn't developed in the womb.
About the vet, i got his number, i just didn't contacted him yet.

(Sorry for my english mistakes, i'm taking classes)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please help me,

I'm afraid there is one more to come and it has been a quite long (more than 2 hours ago) since she delivered the 4th kitten.
Is that normal?

I will send 2 picsView attachment 468331View attachment 468332
Yes a shorter or longer intervall is common. As long she is fine no visible problems, do observe but just wait.calmly. Your english is good!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Viktor Melo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes a shorter or longer intervall is common. As long she is fine no visoble problems, do observe but just wait.calmly. Your english is good!
Please report when she is done.

And also welcome with other questions, you can use the same thread.
Hi there!
Just want to thank you all for the support,
She made it! I was worried that due to her age (she is only 7 month) she would not be able to take care of the kittens properly, but she is such a good mother!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy everything is OK, monitor her for a few days. A cat has something wrong when they can't get comfrotable, start meowing in distress, pace, or hide. Keep watching for that and report to your vet if she shows any signs of that. Make sure she is eating, drinking, and using the litter box. It would be a good thing to put her on kitten food for the extra calories and nutrition while she is nursing. All the luck!