Queen close to birth!

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
Hey y’all,
ETA:I think this is important to add,I didn’t realize I hadn’t put this in my original post.
I rescued a beautiful tabby awhile back who was pregnant. My heart went out to her and I wanted to help! I brought her inside,made her a maternity box and she had a healthy litter of 6 adores kittens. She allowed me to watch the entire time. Very affectionate and responsive towards love. We had recently lost a cat, so we decided to keep her and 2 of her boys. We named her Savannah, one son is Gabriel and the other son is Sylvester. We found good homes for the rest.

This is very hard for me to share as I’m ashamed of myself. I wanted this gal to experience something she probably never had before. Unfortunately,we did not get the boys to the shelter in time to be fixed..she became pregnant. I’m extremely down on myself for allowing this to happen. I just wanted to help her and give her a safe place to birth and to live.

Anywho, she is very close to birth and I have a question.

So now we’re bonded. She’s very affectionate! She loves being near me,touched by me and talked to. Earlier, she went into her room and got in her maternity box, began kneading and wanted to be petted. She was really loving the belly rubs and would sprawl out as much as she could. Her breathing became rapid which made me think she was in first stage labor. I went out of the room for a moment and when I returned she was at the door,waiting. As soon as I came back inside,shut the door and began talking to her,she went back in her box,made biscuits and wanted lovins. This happened a few times as I was trying to control the other cats in the house who wanted inside with her.

Is she telling me she wants me to be with her for birth? Is she indeed in first stage labor? She has other signs such as babies are very active, large mammary glands with dried, white scabs,belly is dropping,dark vaginal stain and vaginal grooming as well as eating still.

Thanks for the information in advance. God bless!
💙Glory xo

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you love. I feel the same. It’s very special that she actually “wants“ me and trusts me that much! I’m so blessed!

eta:I didn’t realize that in my original post I didn’t talk about this being her second litter with me. I am very tired...😪😪😪

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she wants you near for comfort. Mating with her sons brings about a chance for genetic defects in the babies, but after witnessing a lot of inbreeding around here, it is a small one. As soon as she has her little ones, I would bring those sons in to be neutered, and as soon as possible have her spayed too, after the little ones are weaned. You will be swimming in cats if you don't, i had a queen have 17 babies in less than a year, she got pregnant when they were only a couple of weeks old. Altered cats are much happier and much healthier.
It's hard to say if she is close without knowing her mating date. It sounds like it though, especially the licking. I'll pray for a safe delivery, all the luck, and keep us posted!

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, she wants you near for comfort. Mating with her sons brings about a chance for genetic defects in the babies, but after witnessing a lot of inbreeding around here, it is a small one. As soon as she has her little ones, I would bring those sons in to be neutered, and as soon as possible have her spayed too, after the little ones are weaned. You will be swimming in cats if you don't, i had a queen have 17 babies in less than a year, she got pregnant when they were only a couple of weeks old. Altered cats are much happier and much healthier.
It's hard to say if she is close without knowing her mating date. It sounds like it though, especially the licking. I'll pray for a safe delivery, all the luck, and keep us posted!
I’ve only ever had one other sibling mating and all kittens were healthy. I’m praying for a healthy delivery and healthy babies. As this was so accidental. Oh yes absolutely! I’ve never had any cat of mine not fixed immediately. All of our cats are fixed except these. I agree! Much happier and healthier! I was waiting to get everybody in to our local shelter for a low cost spay/neuter and this is what happened. I will not let it happen again! She will stay separated with her young. I’m thinking her mating date was around Thanksgiving. Thanks so much,I appreciate it!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree she want you to be with her at the delivery, you are her Ma and her Sis.... Also, being high preg she wants belly rubs, its biological.
When will the delivery come? It sounds as very soon, but I suspect its several days apart. As you feel the kittens move lively, she has probably not dropped yet, as most cats do... And dropping happens a couple of days before delivery...

Be prepared for everything, but its probably not time yet. glory jasmine glory jasmine

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree she want you to be with her at the delivery, you are her Ma and her Sis.... Also, being high preg she wants belly rubs, its biological.
When will the delivery come? It sounds as very soon, but I suspect its several days apart. As you feel the kittens move lively, she has probably not dropped yet, as most cats do... And dropping happens a couple of days before delivery...

Be prepared for everything, but its probably not time yet. glory jasmine glory jasmine
Thank you so much! She birthed 6 beautiful kittens throughout the night! They’re absolutely gorgeous!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you so much! She birthed 6 beautiful kittens throughout the night! They’re absolutely gorgeous!
Ah, tx for telling me. So it confirms, not all are dropping / or some kittens may remaing lively moveable although squeezed in the birthing channel...
I shall not sound so sure as I sound! :)