Puzzle feeder

nessakhoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone here used // tried a puzzle feeder. 

I just got my girl the nina ottosan puzzle feeder . 

would like to get  feedback if the rest of you have tried a puzzle feeder

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far I can see 12 people have looked at your post but no one has answered, so I don't know if anyone else has used a puzzle feeder.  I myself have not an know nothing about it. 

anne3007

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes , I have several puzzle feeders! :)
I think all cats should have a puzzle feeder because they are natural hunters and are used to work for their food. Although most cats are now used to get their food in a bowl. 

If you start with a puzzle feeder, a cat usually needs a slow introduction since they are used to get food in a bowl without doing anything for it. 
Once they know how it works, they love it :)

I have Trixie puzzle feeders: the tunnel feeder and the Snack Box. My cats love the Snack Box :) I also like it. You can clean this puzzle easily and it doesn't shift when the cat is using it.
The tunnel feeder is harder to clean and my cats just prefer the snack box over the tunnel feeder.

I also use fleece puzzle feeders which are popular over here - for dogs and cats. My cats like this one too   :)! It's soft and you can just put it in the washing machine. 

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But what exactly is this thing, what does it look like?? It sounds interesting and fun but can you refer us to a sight for more info???

lemondrop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have three puzzles feeders for my cats!

This one doesn't slow them down much anymore, but they still have fun hunting in it. And my cats were never binge-vomit type eaters, so I'm not too worried about their speed.

http://www.amazon.com/Northmate-Catch-Feeder-Cats--Size/dp/B00FFBJDIO/ This one slows them down the most, I think.

They hunt in this one until they get bored and then they knock it over. It's very lightweight and I haven't had the time to figure out a way to weigh it down yet. I like it because it has adjustable "difficulty" settings for when they get used to it, but they can knock it over and I also have to cover the top hole after I put the food in to stop them just eating out of the top.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nessakhoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have three puzzles feeders for my cats!

http://www.amazon.com/A%C3%AFKiou-Stimulo-Interactive-Feeder-Green/dp/B00D91CQMW/ This one doesn't slow them down much anymore, but they still have fun hunting in it. And my cats were never binge-vomit type eaters, so I'm not too worried about their speed.

http://www.amazon.com/Northmate-Catch-Feeder-Cats--Size/dp/B00FFBJDIO/ This one slows them down the most, I think.

http://www.amazon.com/Catit-Design-Senses-Treat-Maze/dp/B004G9L1H2/ They hunt in this one until they get bored and then they knock it over. It's very lightweight and I haven't had the time to figure out a way to weigh it down yet. I like it because it has adjustable "difficulty" settings for when they get used to it, but they can knock it over and I also have to cover the top hole after I put the food in to stop them just eating out of the top.
I don't feed kibbles. So I guess those toys are slightly too big

lemondrop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't feed kibbles. So I guess those toys are slightly too big
Oh, I don't think I've ever seen a puzzle feeder for canned food. I'm excited to find out what you come up with!

catanalyst

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This only works with dry food/treats, but I own the PetSafe Eggcersizer. My cat eats too quickly (although she's never thrown up from it), so I got this to slow her down. Even the hardest setting isn't that hard for her. She'll stick with it until every last bit comes out.