Pushing nose against my nose

zxsder

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I have a female cat who acts in a special way.

She usually looks up at me quite often. When she does that, and I get close to her, she pushes her nose against mine.
I was just wondering why she does this, if there's some particular reason?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is greeting you, accepting you as a sibling or mother. She's also marking you as "hers," and getting your scent on herself so she is yours. It's a friendly greeting.

Now, our cat Sterling used to always push his nose inside our notril. Cold nose! Ick! But we love him, anyway.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I wish my cat would give me head nuzzles or cold nose kisses, lol. I think he's respecting my space, even though I offer it to him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zxsder

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hehe okai, thanks guys

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And then there is Ritz, who sometimes sits on my lap, rear end facing my face.....I understand that is a sign of trust.
Um, thanks for sharing.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ritz

And then there is Ritz, who sometimes sits on my lap, rear end facing my face.....I understand that is a sign of trust.
Um, thanks for sharing.
Monet does the same! But.. who's trusting who? I'd be trusting Monet not to fart in my face. lol

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Um, thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Draco

Monet does the same! But.. who's trusting who? I'd be trusting Monet not to fart in my face. lol
LOL, I laughed so hard!

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Um, thanks for sharing.
As it happens, I don't really want to sniff your behind, but I do appreciate the offer...
That's what I say to Peanut!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two who give nose kisses - Milo and Biscotte. They all greet in their own way, but it always involves rubbing of some sort to leave a scent on you. Ellie rubs her side against my legs, Bonaparte rubs his face all over my T shirt!

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allen gives me head bumps and Ralph gives me full on face/nose rubs (which I adore); all of the cats regularly offer their booties for sniffing.

The other day, Ralph jumped up on my desk and pressed his cheek hard against my cheek with his nose right alongside mine, held that pose for a handful of seconds and then walked off.

I can never get enough of my Ralphie!

AC