Purrfect fence anyone have one?

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 4 Siamese cats have been allowed outside during the day. But lately they have been hard to get them to come in I spend hours trying to get them in by late afternoon.I have always left the back door open for them when they are out.But I have added two silver shaded persians to the family two weeks ago so I can not leave the door open. Then last week a neighbors cat attacked one of my Siamese and bit her.!!! Quick trip to the vets and a antibiotic shot shes ok. But I am not, I can not allow them to free roam anymore. They are miserable howling all day trying to get out.
After much reading and trying to get hubby to buy the Purrfect cat fencing system he gave in and said ok
I placed the order this morning and it should be here next week. just wondering if anyone has one and are they as escape proof as the company says it is? it sure looks like it should be..

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to do that for my guys! Right now the majority makes do with a homemade pen of storage cubes ziptied. When we moved a fence was in the plans but to many things came up and money was forced to go elsewhere. You must update once its installed tho!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a DIY version of purfect fence/deer fencing (purfect fence copied older deer fencing kits) - I didn't like the kit prices (I paid ~$6-700 less than what it would have cost to do that section of my yard).
If done right it is escape proof, but as I warned another member you need to make sure the bottom is secure. We used old railroad ties laid down over the netting that folds inside. It makes it where there's no chance of the cat slipping under and keeps animals from digging under and in (we have a lot of armadillos in the area). Anything heavy, including dirt, would work.