Purina Solitaire Wet Food

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hi everyone does anyone know what this cat food is like, I think it’s a relatively new one I’m in the Uk any thoughts on this one, very much appreciated

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I looked it up online and I’m not really impressed. Granted I have a hard time reading UKs ingredient labels. Not anywhere as descriptive as the US but to me it looks like it’s similar to purina fancy feast elegant medleys but with different types of protein like Duck, But the label says the main protein only has to be 4% of the meat so a little worrisome to me. The other meats are not labeled which is another red flag. Who really knows what’s in the can at that point. It also includes “various sugars” not good. Cats don’t need sugar.
I find it laughable they claim it was developed by “expert nutritionalists” and is a healthy food.

Edit: it’s also not new apparently. There are reviews on purinas website that go back a few years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I looked it up online and I’m not really impressed. Granted I have a hard time reading UKs ingredient labels. Not anywhere as descriptive as the US but to me it looks like it’s similar to purina fancy feast elegant medleys but with different types of protein like Duck, But the label says the main protein only has to be 4% of the meat so a little worrisome to me. The other meats are not labeled which is another red flag. Who really knows what’s in the can at that point. It also includes “various sugars” not good. Cats don’t need sugar.
I find it laughable they claim it was developed by “expert nutritionalists” and is a healthy food.

Edit: it’s also not new apparently. There are reviews on purinas website that go back a few years.
I saw it as I was shopping in supermarket none of mine have the supermarket cat food we get ours from zooplus uk the high meat content ones I thought if it was a good food I'd give it as a rotation with the other foods they have. Thanks so much for telling me cheesy cats I won't bother. Yes so many cat foods say developed by expert nutritionists but when you actually look into what they contain it's far from it

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I can find, "various sugars" is listed on almost all canned pet foods that are produced under UK/European labeling laws. Idk. I can't imagine that they substantially change their formulas for other countries. Maybe that's what's known as "natural flavoring" or "caramel coloring" in the US.

It appears to be comparable to Fancy Feast, which also has "meat by-products".

Last edited: