purina pro plan and vet direct RX shortages

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Finding out the hard way that purina has some shortages on the pro plan and possibly the RX lines. Just dropping a note here to let y'all know. Doesn't appear just yet to be for the RX lines but every previous order I've placed for RX kibble took 3 days from order to door and I'm at day 5 with no shipping notification.

Right now me and my girl are ok. In theory we have enough food until end of September. Her food was reformulated and a diet transition was the only reason I tried to reorder so early.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louisstools

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's like getting worse. I haven't seen it really hit the rx lines yet so this was a surprise.

I have a lead on a store near meet that has the food...just need the rx from the vet. So we should be ok.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah things are really getting bad... I do not know what is happening with all the shortages..

I read, at the beginning of the war in the Ukraine, that there may be shortages in tin cans; since Ukraine was the prime producer of them.. But that should not effect the food shortages.. I do not know what is happening..

It is all brands, not just Purina...dam

It has been hitting my guy's prescription food--for a couple of years.. now it seems really bad.. You have to become. hoarder..

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd been having a little bell going off in my head that I needed to check on, and order, Poppycat's hyper-T Hills prescription canned food but had been putting it off.
Prompted by you, I looked on chewy today and sure enough, they're out. I found it elsewhere (for a little cheaper, nice little plus).
Whew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louisstools

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found it elsewhere (for a little cheaper, nice little plus).
Whew.
High paw!

I got a bag of my girl's kibble today so we're good for about 40 days. Man it was an odeal. I have 1000 refills on the vet's online pharmacy for this rx food but when I called to get a paper version for the physical store they told me they had no record of the rx. Even though they saw 1000 refills on the online store.

Moral of the story folks is to always have a physical paper version of your pet's rx in case you can't use the normal store.