Purina One

mykids

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two mature cats (10+ yrs) and I decided to try something different for them.  One of my boys has been having digestive problems ever since he ate it and the other started loosing his hair in clumps.  It looked like someone had taken scissors and cut his hair.  They are both medium hair, orange tabbies and they have never had these type of health issues until I tried them with the Purina One.  Personally I think this stuff is or could potentially be deadly for cats and I would not recommend it to anyone.  Even though I have stopped feeding my two boys this severe concoction that the manufacturers call food, they are slowly returning to their normal selves.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did you have them on before?

Purina ONE isn't the best but it also shouldn't cause problems like you describe.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hortense had problems with her hair falling out like that, she was on a different food (Kirkland/TOTW/Innova mix).

There are many complaints about Purina foods on http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html the most common ones are vomitting, siezures, diarrhea, pancreatitis, and death related to all the Purina foods.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi MyKids
You didn't say if you took the kittys to the vet.  If you did, what was the vet's diagnosis?