Purina One change?

Anne2021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here feed their cat Purina One Indoor Advantage dry food and recently noticed any changes? I bought a new bag and suddenly my cat will not eat it. She sniffs it and walks away. (There are a few more details to the story, but it's the main thing and I wondered if anyone else noticed anything).

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats a mixture of wet and dry, the dry being Purina One Indoor Advantage. Haven't noticed any changes in their appetites. The bag currently in use was purchased perhaps two or three weeks ago. Would that be soon enough to include the changes you mentioned?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be a batch of food that smells "icky" to the cat somehow. You could contact Purina with the lot and batch number from the bag and ask if there are any known issues with the batch. Even a small thing like a different supplier for a particular ingredient may cause the food to smell "icky" to a cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne2021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats a mixture of wet and dry, the dry being Purina One Indoor Advantage. Haven't noticed any changes in their appetites. The bag currently in use was purchased perhaps two or three weeks ago. Would that be soon enough to include the changes you mentioned?
I would think so. I ordered mine December 12 and the previous one July 11.

Anne2021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It could be a batch of food that smells "icky" to the cat somehow. You could contact Purina with the lot and batch number from the bag and ask if there are any known issues with the batch. Even a small thing like a different supplier for a particular ingredient may cause the food to smell "icky" to a cat.
That's a good idea. I got to thinking the one difference is that I ordered a 7-lb bag and I usually order a 16-lb bag, but since my daughter took our two older cats to live with her, I didn't think we would go through it as fast so I went with smaller.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you found a solution? The formula for Proplan was changed too and we may have to switch to a different brand . 🥴

Anne2021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mnm, I bought a fresh 16-lb bag of Purina One Indoor Advantage from a different store, and everything was fine again. She is back to eating it like normal. I tossed the remainder of the offending bag. I couldn't check lot numbers to see if it was a batch issue because I had poured the 7-lb bag into my cat food container and thrown that bag away.

It was so weird. She wanted nothing to do with that food. I am relieved she is back on track with the new bag.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Interesting as we opened a fresh bag of the original that she was used to and she snubbed it and only ate a very small amount then started laying around and not feeling well so we ditched the whole bag thinking it was off. That’s when we got a new bag and she began to eat it it but started diarrhea then we noticed the design on the bag had changed as well as the formula.