Purina chicken and rice

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone else using Purina chicken and rice noticed it now has an awful smell like chef boyardee ravioli?
I have been treating my cats with laxatone as their hairballs are horrible lately. They are constantly throwing up now. The two cases of food I’ve opened , I’m noticing smells extremely strong, not just the vomit but in their plates as well.
I know they have had a lot of manufacturer changes with the food over the last year.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We have a case of chicken and rice now. I'm in Ontario, Canada. I haven't noticed a change in smell. You should give them a call as it can always be a bad batch. You may have to exchange it.

I had some hairball issues with our new cat in the spring, but it was to be expected. I don't think the shelter had the time to brush him every day. It's been sorted for awhile now and we are reaching the time when fur gets thicker.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a case of chicken and rice now. I'm in Ontario, Canada. I haven't noticed a change in smell. You should give them a call as it can always be a bad batch. You may have to exchange it.

I had some hairball issues with our new cat in the spring, but it was to be expected. I don't think the shelter had the time to brush him every day. It's been sorted for awhile now and we are reaching the time when fur gets thicker.
Thanks for your advice, I will reach out.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boys both eat the Purina Pro Plan urinary tract dry food it doesn’t smell bad at all. But I am assuming you are talking about the wet food version. If the can of food smells bad it could be a bad batch. If you ordered it online I would contact where you bought it from. I would also contact Purina to let them know too.