Punk kitten won't stop playing with his water

ddpb2112

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our 4 month old kitten is pretty rambunctious...as to be expected.

For the most part he's great and doesn't cause trouble, but he likes to play with his water dish. Dip his paw in, drop toys in it occasionally, and knock it around.

He still drinks out of it but he gets it dirty. Is this a sign of anything or will he grow out of this?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Typical kitten behavior
Some kittens do grow out of it but others don't. Some cats just like to play with water. A pet water fountain keeps these cats entertained. Put a tray under the bowl or fountain to keep messes to a minimum. There are water absorbing mats you can buy at the pet store and can use to line the tray with.

nachoandsoma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is almost 3 years old and he still does this, he takes it a step further by bringing me his soaking wet toys and dropping them on my lap! I now have a water dish or cup in each room for him, he only plays with a few of them and will drink out of the others!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, my Darlin.  This could be so much worse.  Hekitty does the same thing with the toilet bowl...which I now clean daily, and sometimes twice a day.  I refer to it as >scrubbing the cat's bowl."  My friends all think I'm a little OCD, and I am, but it stands for Overly Cat Dependent.  He may well grow out of it, but he may not.  Just one of those things that either drives us crazy or makes us love them even more, often at the same time.