Punk Cat Bugging/sniffing My Other Cat When He Is Using The Litter Box.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So in the scheme of things; their behavioral issues are not huge. Dante (hyper grey one) occasionally jumps Salem (peach) and nips him right between the shoulder blades. Playing with Dante solves that issue. The problem I have been sick the last week and he didn't get played with. Lately Dante has taken to sometimes going up and sniffing Salem while Salem is going to the bathroom. So now one of my litter boxes (the Buddha dome) is lidless to try to make Salem feel more comfortable (I saw him start to only stick his back half in the small litter box to go to the bathroom.) Yes when Dante gets all hyper Salem growls loudly at him if he gets within 5 feet of him. They also cuddle up next to each other, play together and seem to get a long fine. None of them have drawn blood or had those knock out drag out fights. So again on the scale of cat problems not a big one.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get Dante to stop bugging Salem while he uses the litter box? Any ideas on how to get the lid back on the Buddha dome? Salem is happily using the lidless litter box now.

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I'd like to know! My younger kitten always bothers my older kitten while he's in the litter box.