Pumpkin Got Pu Surgery, And I’m Not Sure How To Deal With Him.

rinnyfer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
My cat Pumpkin got PU surgery done on Monday, and he was at the vet until Wednesday evening. I have him in a large crate where he’s been spending his time. It has a litter box, blankets, his food and water. He gets a bit growly and hissy sometimes. I thought it was because he was in pain and needed more of his meds, but it seems he’s having pain when he tries to go potty. It’s only sometimes, because other times I see him attempting to pee and having no problem.
Basically, I just want to know if everyone’s experience with PU surgery. I’m worried out of my mind for my baby!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no experience with this, it would be best to call the vet's office and ask if this is normal. I do know that this is a big surgery with a long recovery period. The main complication I have heard about is reblocking because of scar tissue, if he still able to pee then he isn't reblocked. I would call the vet's office though.

Foreign Octopus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I second denice. If your cat is making sounds of pain in the little box then that's normally sign of infection. However, I don't know about after surgery. Your best bet is really to speak to the vet. Better safe than sorry. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rinnyfer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE: My cat is doing completely fine. The hissing/growling was normal as he wasn't used to peeing the way he did and had mild irritation/pain. He's doing really good now, and he has one scab over the incision which I'm waiting for to fall off before taking the cone of completely. WooHoo!