Pumpkin For Cats?

littlesoprano

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While cleaning the litter box over the last few days, I notice the kittens' poop is less than optimal. I am sure that the antibiotics they are on for their URI's are causing things to not come out quite so normal. Its not diarrhea, but its not firm like it should be.

With my dog who is on a lot of medications due to immunodeficiency issues, I give him canned pumpkin with some uncultured greek yogurt when the meds start to mess with him. Usually within a few hours, this cleans up his system. Does pumpkin have the same effect on cats? Can they have the greek yogurt as well? They are both doing a lot better with their URIs, but I if I can give them anything to help with their tummies, that would be great.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pumpkin is good for cats with tummy problems and can also help with hairballs. I tend to add a teaspoon of pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling, spices can harm cats) at least once a week just to keep things moving smoothly.

However.... If the problem is from antibiotics a probiotic would be more beneficial. The Greek yogurt is a good idea, just look for one without added sugars and just a tablespoon a day.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem