Puking in the morning

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two mornings in a row Grim has puked. The first time was Saturday at around 7am; it was an hour after I had fed him wet food. That one was caused by a blockage or something because it contained two chicken giblets that had not been digested from the last meal. (12 hours ago)
The second one was this morning (Sunday) and was pure wet food. He was laying with me in bed and I heard this funny noise and looked over and he had thrown up over the side of the bed. For some reason, he did not get up to do it or move afterwards.
I fed him a tiny bit of wet food a few hours later and then at dinnertime I sat with him for an hour in the bathroom to make sure he wouldn't puke. He made it through the hour puke free.

I understand why he threw up the first time.. But why the second? Its not a new food or a different schedule. He didn't eat it faster than normal... I don't get it.
I don't want my great grandmothers hand made afghan to get puked on again please x__x

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did he go too long without food in between dinner and breakfast? :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Maybe he is protesting (he wants raw hehe)
I am kidding :seesaw:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, same time as always.
I was surprised that he threw up the raw giblets though. I guess a cats stomach can only be made out of so much steel. :p
I'm sitting with him right now in the bathroom to make sure he doesn't puke. At least *he's* enjoying the one on one time. :lol3:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has he ever had an issue with hairballs? Over here, when they throw up undigested food after that amount of time, the culprit is inevitably a hairball. The egg yolk lecithin seems to have taken care of that... :cross:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has he ever had an issue with hairballs? Over here, when they throw up undigested food after that amount of time, the culprit is inevitably a hairball. The egg yolk lecithin seems to have taken care of that... :cross:
That's what Carolina had suggested, but I don't think that's it because A. he never throws up hair and B. he never continually throws up like he's blocked.
I'm hoping its just a fluke.