PU surgery: did it work for your cat?

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, please, if your cat has had the PU surgery to stop repeated blockages, did it work and how was recovery?

spartacus is one week post op. Doing ok. Popped his ecollar off once yesterday and got at the stiches but i took him in and the vet said he didn’t do much damage but the incision sight looks worse to me and now Spartacus doesn’t want his wet food and will only eat dry from my hand

… anyway.. i got on the site tonight to read about others’ experiences and frankly got very nervous seeing so many horrible po-operative situations. I’m afraid if we did the right thing. Spartacus doesn’t have crystals but had a mis figured penis causing him to get inflamed and blocked.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
tnbsp tnbsp if the incision is looking worse and he's off his food, that really means you need to have the vet check him out. Even if you just sent a picture of the incision and the details?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
tnbsp tnbsp if the incision is looking worse and he's off his food, that really means you need to have the vet check him out. Even if you just sent a picture of the incision and the details?
thanks. I plan on calling them this morning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnbsp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Then it was really necessary to help him to live a normal life.
My angel Poppy had the surgery when he was a youngster and did well. He lived to 17.5 years old :)
Thanks for sharing that.