PSA: Put your spillables and breakables away!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the third time this has happened, but my boyfriend often has his mug of coffee on his desk. We're usually home, so the cats behave. When we're not looking, Kismet has been on the kitchen counter, but she just likes to sit there more than anything else. Mo has been on the stovetop and counters licking grease and eating out of the sink - I'm usually great with dishes, so this isn't the end of the world.

BUT when we go out, Kismet goes exploring. She knows she's not allowed on my dressers or desks, nor on the dining table or kitchen counter. My boyfriend is so lenient because he's lazy, so when Kismet goes on his desk, he only reacts some of the time; other times, he just scoops her up and puts her down, but she hasn't actually been "told" she's doing anything wrong (we use hissing for anything bad). She's knocked over his mug with coffee three times now, but this time... coffee spilled all over his gaming keyboard. Razr gaming keyboard, with fancy macros and glowing keys. $150 Razr mechanical gaming keyboard.

I would love to blame him because he knows she'll go exploring and could knock his mug over every single time we go out, and has commented several times that he'll put his stuff away (but he's in a bad mood and just lost a good keyboard), but for now my little Kismet is in the proverbial doghouse. I offered to buy him a new one since she's "my" cat (not that this makes it my fault). I'm really glad neither of our cats has ever been interested in the smell of his flavoured coffee. I totally understand his frustration, but I can't stay mad at this mewy little face:

RIP, you beautiful beast of a keyboard (stock image)

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He didn't usually knock them over but we had a cat, Chaos, who loved to stick his feet in any glass that had liquid in it. 
 He was just being his normal goofy self. Nothing like a little cat hair for extra flavor. He especially loved soda in a glass because he would chase the bubbles. And then shake the soda off his paw and get it everywhere. Sigh. Life with cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, that's pretty cute! I have to admit (when it's not my stuff), I think it's so cute when cats dip their paws. One of my friends had a kitten who didn't "get" drinking water, so she'd dip paw, lick. Dip paw, lick.