Prozyme dosage question

leapoffaith03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just picked Sam up a bottle of Prozyme digestive enzyme powder to sprinkle on his food today. The bottle says 1/2 tsp per one cup of food..... He gets 2 oz raw food 4 times a day. Do I add 1/2 tsp to the 2 oz every time I feed him, or is that a literal per CUP? This shouldn't be this difficult! LOL :doh3:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, it's literal "per cup".  I use those teeny measuring spoons from Amazon that are called "smidgen, drop, tad", etc. and just use one of the smaller ones to sprinkle some Prozyme onto their food, but never actually measure an exact amount.  I never thought it needed to be exact.  I think you can call the company and they can help you with exactly how much you should be using for the amount of food you are using in ounces.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

No, it's literal "per cup".  I use those teeny measuring spoons from Amazon that are called "smidgen, drop, tad", etc. and just use one of the smaller ones to sprinkle some Prozyme onto their food, but never actually measure an exact amount.  I never thought it needed to be exact.  I think you can call the company and they can help you with exactly how much you should be using for the amount of food you are using in ounces.
That's exactly what I use.  Not sure if it's a 'smidgen' or a 'pinch'....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leapoffaith03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL thanks, guys! I have just been sprinkling some on each meal, hoping I'm using enough to be effective. They really should put cat dosages on the bottle, too. Unless someone here feeds their feline a cup of wet food at a time. :lol3: