PROTRUDING ANUS

vgarces31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I just got a new kitten that is around 6 weeks old. I’m a lot worried because it looks like it’s anus is protruding. The kitten is using the bathroom regularly and I don’t see it really licking the anus at all. Please let me know what you guys think. I also don’t know if it’s a girl or boy lol, they said it was a boy but it seems like a girl because of the belly. Attached are pictures of the anus and maybe someone can help identify if it’s a girl or boy.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! I think that your kitten might be a girl, but not sure. As for the anus, I think that this is protruding, not prolapsed, but I am not a vet who can diagnose this exactly. This is a very young kitten and she needs to see a vet who can treat her for parasites, if that is the cause of the protrusion, as their presence can cause her to strain at the litterbox thereby making the protrusion worse. Don't try to fix this yourself. It may not be a huge problem as the vet can sometimes replace the protrusion manually, treat the underlying cause, and everything is fixed.

Protrusion of the Rectum and Anus in Cats - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vgarces31

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! I will be calling the vet tomorrow.