Projectile vomiting

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have had cats for 20+ years and I have NEVER seen a cat projectile vomit. My guy was sleeping on his cat tree, sat up and sprayed it across my living room 😳 definitely need to keep an eye on him to make sure he’s using the litter box ok

Anyone elses Cat do this?
54E2B4DA-8E4F-48D5-81B3-045500C4BDA4.jpeg

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Take your little fella to the doc if he so much as looks at you funny. I don't mean to alarm you, and it could be nothing, but the first time my Cozy vomited like that was the first sign of her cancer.

Better safe than sorry...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Take your little fella to the doc if he so much as looks at you funny. I don't mean to alarm you, and it could be nothing, but the first time my Cozy vomited like that was the first sign of her cancer.

Better safe than sorry...
How old was your cat? He’s only 11 months tho I guess it’s probably never to young 😞

I think I figured out it’s the food tho. I switched the kitten food I gave him to fancy feast and I just noticed this one has milk in it… and this morning was the first time they had it mixed in with their other food.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It very well could be the food. Feeby has only once done that kind of vomiting and it literally came without any warning. She is being very picky about her food, so she is always getting something 'new' or different. I have no idea if it was food related or not since she has not done it again. In her case, it could have been a bad can of food, but if you have other cats that didn't get sick from it, probably less likely.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old was your cat? He’s only 11 months tho I guess it’s probably never to young 😞

I think I figured out it’s the food tho. I switched the kitten food I gave him to fancy feast and I just noticed this one has milk in it… and this morning was the first time they had it mixed in with their other food.
She was eleven years old.

Glad you figured it out!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Projectile vomiting always makes me think blockage.
But if he doesn’t do it again after the food adjustment, then definitely make a note of the ingredients. Carrageenan can also cause stomach/digestive upset in some cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Projectile vomiting always makes me think blockage.
But if he doesn’t do it again after the food adjustment, then definitely make a note of the ingredients. Carrageenan can also cause stomach/digestive upset in some cats.
He’s been fine since that happened. I’m 99% sure it’s because of the milk in the food. Chewy is great and they refunded me my money and told me to donate it, so I have a local rescue picking it up today.