Problems with the site?

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a PM from LorieD & she's having problems with accessing the forums. Anyone else have problems? I haven't...yet.

Here's her PM (and since her PM box is full, I can't reply to her!
):
I was just wondering if you've noticed anything strange within the last few minutes? I can't get into any forums and when I try, they seem to be only partially loading. I'm not sure if the problem is with my computer or if it's the site.
Thanks!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Shell! Everything seems to be ok right now, but a short time ago I was getting an error message that said the page couldn't be found when I tried to access this site. Maybe there was a problem with my ISP? Has anyone else had problems recently?

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to get here earlier this morning, and could only get in at about 9:00 am (est). I tried a few times over about 2 hours before this.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had problems getting online around 8am EST, but finally got in about 9am.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what I see when I try to access this forum. There is only white space where the threads should be:

TheCatSite.com Forums > General Forums > TheCatSite.com Feedback

(Moderated by: dtolle )
(Users Browsing this Forum: Lorie D. )

If I try to access the lounge, I can see the Fur Pictures forum and the Paws and Reflect forum, but can't access them. I only see a white space where the lounge should be. The only way I was able to go back to this thread was by going to Anne's home page and going to the box where the new threads are scrolling up.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Lorie, I need to look into it but I think it could be a speed problem. Sometimes when the speed is too low - the page loads only in part. The speed problem could be anywhere between the server and your computer. I'm not having any problems right now so I don't think it's the server.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also had some trouble accessing the forums earlier today, but it seems fine now. I thought the site itself was down, but maybe it was something else??

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That has happened to me, too - I just figured too many people were browsing at once. One problem I do seem to be having is that I can't log in immediately after updating my AOL anti-virus software - has anybody else had that problem?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has happened to me a few times recently. One of those times was also early the morning of the 2nd. SAme message ".... The catsite.com cannot be found..." Yet I am able to access other sites.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne, the problem I mentioned having earlier in this thread seems to be very erratic, sometimes it corrects itself for a few minutes, but then it comes right back. Does that still indicate a possible speed problem?

jasminecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yup i've had the same problem with the same messages as been mentioned.
I had no prob with other sites. Its sooo frustrating trying to get on and not being able to!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wont let me accsess the site about 3 times a week it's very frustrating..LOL

Does the site just break down? or are you working on it?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to mention this...
I found out Internet Explorer isn't working correctly on my computer which is the reason I was having problems with the way the forum pages were loading. I have been using the Opera web browser for the last couple of days and the site is working perfectly once again.

I wonder if problems with Internet Explorer would also be the reason some members have had problems accessing the site recently?

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a problem yesterday, though I wasn't told that the page was missing, I was told that there was an internal server error and to contact the webmaster.

I did contact my ISP and was told that there was nothing wrong with the system at that point. They also tried to access TCS but were unable to and had the same problem. The advice given to me was to wait till the next day and/or contact the webmaster.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey guys,

We are experiencing glitches here and there. The problem is our server has pretty much made themselves inaccessible to us for now. It's not just us, they have turned their phones off for everyone who they serve. It is very frustrating and we try and get someone on it as soon as we are aware of the problem. Most of the time it is a pretty easy fix, but again, Anne has to turn to an outside source to help us. That is not how it should be, but unfortunately it is how it is for now.