Problem with playtime aggression

wildog47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a similar issue with my kitten and its developed more and more. Everyone in my family labels her as "aggressive" but I really view that her issue is she doesn't know how to play nice. She views playtime as aggressive time. He favorite toys are stuffed animals and even with those she plays so aggressively , she bites and claws them and rips them apart. Recently she will go up to someone if she wants them to play. And will bite them, hard. She will run at me when I'm studying and bite me hard. Not enough to break the skin but enough for there to be pain. She has also started doing this in the morning to wake me. I have tried giving her a timeout if she bites by leaving the room but she seems to not care at all, she just sleeps or plays. I tried giving her time outs in her kennel. She just plays in there. I've tried keeping a water bottle and giving her a spray. But she likes water -_-. So she doesn't care. I'm wondering if this is something she will grow out of? She is 8 months and she is getting spayed this Friday. Any ideas?

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
In her case, it very well could be hormonally related. It takes about 60 days to the hormones to completely eradicate from their system once spayed/neutered, though I highly expect you to see improvements in her behavior before this time.

What type of play sessions do you have with her? Do you ever use it wand type toys (I like Da Bird and Neko Flies)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wildog47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has a toy bin of a bunch of individual toys. I play with her for 30min -1 hour a day. I rotate the toys and games we play. She has tons of toys as I buy her one every month. She has the da bird which is her favorite, another wand toy, laser pointer she also loves to play fetch with her mouse toys. I also take her outside for an hour or more each day on a leash and she gets to play in the back yard on a long lead. I even put up a bird feeder so she can watch birds when we aren't home. I even spend time training her and she's super good if you have food and listens. I have a cat tree I built for her myself that she always plays on. I don't know why she gets like that and just bites me. Hurts so bad. I try to expend all her energy. And she still does that.