Problem With Male Cat

ibkimmi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to figure out what my cat problem is.
I have 2 male brothers who have been fixed. They are 1 1/2 years old, indoor cats.
Rascal who has always been the dominate cat between the two,started about a month and 1/2 ago becoming very aggressive towards his brother spotty. On a daily bases he is beating him,and i mean whooping up on him big time. Where ever spotty maybe resting rascal will either chase him off or start a fight, I really don't understand why he is behaving like this and it causing a huge problem in our household. He has clawed him several times to the point where he has made him bleed. Spotty is not an aggressive cat at all and takes quite a bit of the abuse with minimal fighting back. As soon as the fight begans we break it up tell him No sometimes lock him in the bathroom to calm down.
There is no provoking at all, these attacks just come out of no where, its like they are playing then he turns mean, which he does too, but most of the time he just enters the room and goes after spotty.
Rascal still gets plenty of love from the family, so I don't believe its a jelous issue, really not sure what is.
Thanks in advance
Kimmi

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
First thing to do is have him checked by the vet. Aggression is sometimes caused by pain or illness. Was there any change in the house around that time that might have stressed him up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ibkimmi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, thanks for the reply. No there have been no changes in the household. He appears to be as healthy as can be.
He eats, plays and acts completely normal, other than his bouts of aggression towards his brother.
Question though is it possible for him to have that spring time heat thing? Even though he has been fixed?
that is about the only thing that i can think of.
Thanks
Kimmi

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure of the answer to that one, but my 5-year-old cat Squirt recently took to humping his younger brother Joey every time the poor thing sat still. I had never seen him do this before in 2 years. Both are neutered. This went on for about a month, and suddenly stopped. Maybe spring is in the air!