Problem with Feline Pine

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been using Feline Pine for several months in a Tidy Cat Breeze box and have been very happy with the result.  UNTIL I bought the most recent bag.  The pellets aren't absorbing all the urine and the smell is intense.  It used to be that I couldn't detect any smell at all, even with a week's worth of sawdust collected in the bag I put under the box.

I saw on Amazon that people reported these same complaints back in 2014, and it was attributed to a change in manufacturing process.  It's possible I just got an old bag from that bad batch in 2014, but...has anyone experienced this lately?

I wish I could buy the stove pellets from Tractor Supply, but there are none around here and anyway I can't drag a 40 lb bag up the stairs into my apartment.  I'd been buying the 20 lb bags from Amazon.  In the meantime, I'm going to the store to grab another Feline Pine bag...if it's the same, I guess I'll have to try Simply Pine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
New bag works as it should for odor control - so it was a bad batch from Amazon.  No date on the bag.  Just so everyone is aware in case this is a new problem with the supply, or an issue with Amazon selling old bags.