Problem with Browsers

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today, I went out and bought myself a new Windows 7 machine, upgrading from my faithful Windows XP. I love the design and features of it though I have found one problem, in any broswer, there is large white spaces at the sides, I did not change my monitor, the problem is only in browsers. I have tried adjusting the screen's resolution, it did nothing but make the screen blurry. Is this a feature that all people with Windows 7 experience and that I will have to get used to or is there some way to fix this? Below is a picture of what the forum looks like to me at the moment. I have zoomed in a little to be able to read the text.

Thanks in advance.

rewboss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, this would normally mean you're using a very high resolution. Many websites restrict their width because reading very long lines of text is very difficult, but this obviously leaves blank spaces to the right and left. I actually keep my browser window at a width of just over 1,000 pixels because there's usually no point in having it any wider.

What's odd is that changing the screen resolution is only making everything blurry. Exactly what steps did you take to change the resolution?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, if you have a thumbwheel on your mouse, just hold down the "CTRL" key and roll it upward and it will make it larger (and wider). I think it will work to hold that key down and move a regular mouse up for larger, down for smaller.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rewboss

Well, this would normally mean you're using a very high resolution. Many websites restrict their width because reading very long lines of text is very difficult, but this obviously leaves blank spaces to the right and left. I actually keep my browser window at a width of just over 1,000 pixels because there's usually no point in having it any wider.

What's odd is that changing the screen resolution is only making everything blurry. Exactly what steps did you take to change the resolution?
The steps that I took are the only possible way to change the resolution properly, those being that I right-clicked on the desktop and chose screen resolution, the 'native' screen resolution is different to what it was on Windows XP, I have updated the video and display drivers though that did nothing.'

Originally Posted by mrblanche

OK, if you have a thumbwheel on your mouse, just hold down the "CTRL" key and roll it upward and it will make it larger (and wider). I think it will work to hold that key down and move a regular mouse up for larger, down for smaller.
I have been doing this, Mike. I thought that it would work but it ends up making the images on the page blurry and disfigured. changing the compatibility to Vista has actually changed it a little but not too much.

Thanks for trying to help