Problem with adjusting cat...

lilrooz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I received a 1.5 y/o spayed female into my house of 2 older neutered males (no alpha) and one 1y/o spayed female. I have never had any problems with any of my cats adjusting to each other. The two older males are mellow and don't care too much about the new addition. I usually give the cats a max. of 2 months to finally be comfortable around each other. I have had the new female for about 8 months now and she still growls and hisses at my other cats. Even when they just lay there and watch her walk by. They very rarely to never attack her. She is a very lovable cat and has never tried to scratch me or my other cats. She just growls and runs away from them when they get too close. Is this a problem? Should I find her a home with no competition?

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like this is more of a problem for you than for the cats. If you find it disturbing and disrupting to your home environment, then sure, try to find another home for the cat. If it's still going on after this long, I doubt much is going to change in the future. It's probably just part of this cat's personality. But there's no fighting going on, as you say, so apparently the cats can live with it. So if you rehome this cat, I think you do it for yourself, and not for the cats.