Problem seeing pictures

dancemuse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since last Thursday or Friday (May 5/6) I've been having trouble viewing photos on this board. It's probably my computer, but I don't have trouble with other websites, so I'm not sure how to diagnose what's going on (I'm not exactly a computer whiz, either). The vast majority of pics on this site (including sigs) come up as little red Xs, which has never happened before. I've tried reloading the page and right-clicking on the Xs, but neither works.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? It's so sad not to be able to see the photos in the Fur Pics board!

Thanks in advance.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The site hosting the photos/signatures may be down. For example, a number of our members use Photobucket, and if Photobucket is having problems the images can't be seen here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dancemuse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's what I'm thinking...especially since I use Photobucket and I can't see my own sig. I wasn't sure, though, because it has been going on for a number of days (does Photobucket tend to be down for so long at a time?), and no one else has mentioned it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it still a problem? Your sig is showing fine now, as are all the other pics -- at least for me.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't see a lot of the pictures at work because of all the firewalls. At home I have no problem.

Don't know if you have firewalls but that perhaps could be part of the problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dancemuse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oops... I meant to respond to this yesterday. Yes, photos are showing up fine now, I guess it was Photobucket...but, I will keep the possibility of firewalls in mind. So far, that hasn't been a problem, but since my work IT department isn't here, but in Massachusetts, there's always a possibility that they'll do something new and not bother to tell us about it.

Thanks!