Problem Child?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
With Watson, I can't tell. His eyes are dark are he's constantly moving! But from the photos, they look ok. I'll check again tonight

I have noticed that Jupiter's pupils are not identical though. I've attached pictures. Do you notice his right pupil (left in the picture) not necessarily being round?
It is obviousi in the first picture the right eye is shaped more like a football than a basketball. That means only the left eye (a perfect circle) is dilated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animagus

A cat is a lion in a jungle of small bushes
Young Cat
Purraise
It is obviousi in the first picture the right eye is shaped more like a football than a basketball. That means only the left eye (a perfect circle) is dilated.
You mean Jupiter right? What does it mean if only one eye is dilated? Is the other eye not working properly? :(

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
You mean Jupiter right? What does it mean if only one eye is dilated? Is the other eye not working properly?
Actually both eyes are dilated but not to the same extent, in the first picture. It is something the vet needs to know about the next time you take the tuxedo in (is it Jupiter or Watson?) but unless the eye is bothering him I would just watch it now.

Animagus

Young Cat
Purraise
Actually both eyes are dilated but not to the same extent, in the first picture. It is something the vet needs to know about the next time you take the tuxedo in (is it Jupiter or Watson?) but unless the eye is bothering him I would just watch it now.
Hah Tux is Watson. Ok, I'll have his eyes checked out.
The lynx point Jupiter's eyes are definitely not symmetric/ identical I think. Not sure if that's ok.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Jupiter's eyes look fine to me in the pictures, but they aren't good for seeing that.

Animagus

Young Cat
Purraise
Jupiter's eyes look fine to me in the pictures, but they aren't good for seeing that.
True, it is hard to determine from pictures. I'll have the vet take a look away both of them on next visit.

Animagus

Young Cat
Purraise
How big is the carrier? Both kittens must be able to stand up and turn around in it if you put them together. It also helps to get a Sherpa or similar soft-sided carrier so when Jupiter will feel comfortable and be easy to get out of on the exam table.
Tried out the soft carrier for both of them with feliway spray and it's been great! Didn't make too much difference for Watson (the Tux who is chill anyway) though I'm sure he was a lot more comfortable in this, but a huge difference for Jupiter (the lynx point).

Attachments

Animagus

Young Cat
Purraise
True, it is hard to determine from pictures. I'll have the vet take a look away both of them on next visit.
The vet didn't find anything abnormal about Watson except that he had bitten of all his super long whiskers which got in the way of grooming to a stubble! He had a good laugh at that :crackup:and said he's never heard of a cat do that before :dunno:

Animagus

Young Cat
Purraise
Update on Jupiter's health issues - his URI is ok now, thankfully!
He still has diarrhea and we are stopping the coccidiosis medication as the vet didn't find any bacteria in his stool sample this time and the he has given him some special food+probiotics that's easy on his intestines. We will also try giving him the regular diarrhea medicine in a few days if it doesn't stop. I really hope something helps fix this, it's been going on for weeks now! Poor boy smells like poop+antibiotics :shocked:

Animagus

Young Cat
Purraise
More pictures... cuz kittens!! :dizzy:

Attachments