Probiotic help. Fortiflora/Fera?

Cupcakecrazy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

My 13 year old boy has an inoperable tumor on his pancreas that makes him nauseous, gassy, and gives him diarrhea. He's been through a few rounds of antibiotics that have really taken a toll on his stomach.

My vet recommended fortiflora but that made him throw up the two times that I've tried it. His latest antibiotic was Convenia which was really harsh on him and he's now having dry, crispy poops which completely unlike him.

I've heard good things about Fera pet organics probiotics and probiotics, is it safe to start him on that since the fortiflora made him sick? Are there any negatives or side effects to this specific probiotic?

No matter which probiotic I research there are always a few people whose pets have had negative reactions to it. He seems to be sensitive to everything these days and I'm hesitant to introduce anything new, but I'm also desperate to help him feel better.

Thanks for any advice!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, would S. Boulardii be an option? Typical probiotics require prebiotics, and often need a very slow start of usage. I didn't have any trouble with Mr Captain being able to utilize S.B.

Last edited:

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With any product you search for you will always get different reviews. Each cat is different what works for one may not the other. Usually what I do is look to see which outweighs more. The more positive reviews you know it is good. The more negative reviews you know to stay away.

As for probiotics I give my boys Nutramax Proviable. It works for my boys when they are feeling sick. You can pull apart the capsules to sprinkle it on their food. It has a prebiotic in it as well. Maybe try looking into that probiotic for your sweet boy

Nutramax Proviable