Private practice vs. corporations - and the changes

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the US and perhaps other countries, health care benefits like wages are considered an expense of doing business, which means a company can deduct them in full from their income before determining the amount of taxes they are to pay.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In the US and perhaps other countries, health care benefits like wages are considered an expense of doing business, which means a company can deduct them in full from their income before determining the amount of taxes they are to pay.
I'm sure it's the same here too. But when it's that expensive and doesn't cover things, it's better to work for a company where it's cheaper and covers more, which means a big corporation.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larger corporations don't necessarily cover more in the US. For example -- Wal*Mart.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Larger corporations don't necessarily cover more in the US. For example -- Wal*Mart.
In Canada, getting benefits is basically considered "covering more" these days. Much different though because we don't need coverage for basic sick care.

I've only ever had one job that gave me benefits.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This thread has gotten way off subject. Wasn't interested in delving into the benefits - or lack thereof - offered by big corporations, pet related or not.

I was merely interested in seeing how many other members have noticed changes in their vet office's operations if they went from private practice to a corporation vet service provider. And I meant pet care related changes.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This thread has gotten way off subject. Wasn't interested in delving into the benefits - or lack thereof - offered by big corporations, pet related or not.

I was merely interested in seeing how many other members have noticed changes in their vet office's operations if they went from private practice to a corporation vet service provider. And I meant pet care related changes.
Sorry!