Resolved Privacy Issue

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning!

There is a glitch with Saving Changes in the Privacy section: it doesn't work.

In the section of one's Profile, called "Privacy", a user is allowed to untoggle the following two boxes:

• Show your online status
This will allow other people to see when you are online.

• Show your current activity
This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing.

---

However, I have untoggled these and Saved Changes for these given options several times in order to try to get it to work... but still, my username shows up in the list of "Members Online Now" whenever I log in. I used this option on the old site with no issues (my username would remain off the list and just essentially show up as a "Guest").

Are people finding that other of their "Saved Changes" are not working, or is this a glitch with the "Privacy" section in particular?

Can this be fixed? Many thanks.

D

Deleted member 115554

Try this.

Login to the site.
Open another browser where you are not logged in to TCS.

Do you see yourself online?

D

Deleted member 115554

I've just tried this and couldn't see myself online.
after doing:

In the section of one's Profile, called "Privacy", a user is allowed to untoggle the following two boxes:

• Show your online status
This will allow other people to see when you are online.

• Show your current activity
?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
after doing:

?
Exactly - both boxes were untoggled. I tried it using Chrome when I wasn't logged in (I still was using Firefox) and also using a regular member account. As jcat on Firefox I could see myself, but as a visitor and goblinmonster (my alter ego for testing purposes) I couldn't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, thank you! lol. That was easy.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've unchecked 'show your online status' and 'show current activity' in the privacy section of my profile, but both are still visible on the site and on my profile page. I've triple checked that I've set things up correctly, so it seems to be a site issue. Help? :confused::headscratch:

On a happier note, hooray for the return of the smilies :banana1::woo::banana2::dance::jump::jive::woohoo::party::party2::rockout::hyper::clap::kneading::D:thumbsup::cloud9: