Pretty moggy or something else?

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm very curious about Calypso. I first noticed when I got her about a month ago that she was very thin and long and it's become more dramatic as she's getting bigger. Her vet says she isn't underweight amd she's growing fine. She is very thin and has a very long body and tail, longer back legs, and huge ears and paws. I'm sure at least a part of this is because she's young (4 months) and she'll fill out as an adult but I'm curious about whether anybody can guess about where she got this build.

As far as her background I know next to nothing. The only information the shelter could give me was that she was owner surrender. I suspect somebody's cat had kittens and they took them to shelter when they were weaned.

I apologize for the not so great quality pictures, she doesn't sit still very often.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Difficult to say.  In the enormous vast gene pool of the domestics, there are all sorts of fishes.   Giving quite a vide range of individual looks.  So that is my guess.

But yeah, its fully possible this kitten has some not to far ago Ancestor.  Perhaps an oriental, or a siamese.