Prepping To Say Goodnight

escoozeemoi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was in the Cat Health forum.. my poor Bear [13 months old, Silver Siberian Forest Cat] was diagnosed with FIP last week.

We were going to provide him with the best last bit of time, however long it was, and I was so hopeful it would be more than 10 days.

We got him in August, someone at the coffee shop I frequent at my work complex had a friend with a kitten that needed a new home. Boyfriend threatened to throw him to the woods.

My husband and I took him immediately. He is the most gentle, sweet, caring cat I've ever had an experience sharing my life with. He loved toddlers, especially our niece, and loved to play and cuddle and eat and everything..

We got a little brother in December - a tuxedo cat, and he gave me 3 hours alone.. 3 hours.
After that, he jumped the gate and became Sid's big spoon ever since.

We dont want him to suffer. My husband and I want to be selfish but refuse to be unfair to him as he doesnt deserve it.
So tomorrow at 5pm EST, I will be saying goodnight to my Bear Bear... my third kitty loss in 13 months. My heart cant take much more.

Please think of me tomorrow as I kiss his paws for the last time. I attached a pic of him with his brothers.. Weasley, Sidney, then him.

Also props to my mascara that I have on because I've been crying since 630 this morning and not a single smudge or raccoon eye.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He is the most gentle, sweet, caring cat I've ever had an experience sharing my life with.
On occasion I've had the thought that it's the really special ones that God allows to be here for a little while, in order to grace those of us fortunate enough to be in the right place and the right time with their presence and their love, and then they're taken back home.

Bless you for stepping up for this darling baby - the amazing way you found out about him is a bit of a story in itself.

And then there are people like you and your hubs- you're rather definitively special yourself.

:vibes::hugs: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

escoozeemoi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On occasion I've had the thought that it's the really special ones that God allows to be here for a little while, in order to grace those of us fortunate enough to be in the right place and the right time with their presence and their love, and then they're taken back home.

Bless you for stepping up for this darling baby - the amazing way you found out about him is a bit of a story in itself.

And then there are people like you and your hubs- you're rather definitively special yourself.

:vibes::hugs: :rbheart:
Thank you, thats very sweet.. It breaks my heart and I say i dont think I can do it again, but I know that if another baby needs a home we would take them in less than a heart beat.

The fact that we were offered Bear a week before our Dinah passed away... and we waited to see if she would be better.. then she passed.
And then when we found out his birthday.. April 6.. the day after my 12 year old cat passed away on 4/5 and the day before my own birthday, 4/7.. I knew Bear was meant to be with us.

Im so thankful I got to share at least a part of my life with him and his life with me.. but Im selfish. I just want him around after tomorrow.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My heart will be with yours tomorrow. Do know, and I believe this with all of my heart, that love never dies. It changes form, but it is still love, and it abides. You will help beautiful little Bear take of his coat of flesh that no longer supports his gentle heart and great spirit, but Bear will remain with you, unseen, but felt, and ever-loving.

escoozeemoi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My heart will be with yours tomorrow. Do know, and I believe this with all of my heart, that love never dies. It changes form, but it is still love, and it abides. You will help beautiful little Bear take of his coat of flesh that no longer supports his gentle heart and great spirit, but Bear will remain with you, unseen, but felt, and ever-loving.
Thank you, I wholeheartedly agree. He will be with us always. I at least get until tomorrow to love on him and comfort him into the next phase.

I often see cardinals near my windows and car. My father visits. My Figaro and Dinah visit (when I see a big one with a little one, I know it’s them) I know he will come see me again.

We are doing what’s right. That’s all I keep saying to myself.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this is so sad, I am so sorry this is happening to you all. You are doing what is right by him but I know you feel cheated that he has to leave so soon, I never understand why but sometimes they do. We all here will be with you in spirit and prayers, and yes the Cardinals are absolutely signs that passed loved ones are visiting, we have that too which is a comfort. I pray that it goes smoothly for you, so very sorry.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Few months ago I saw a black kitten in a construction place. There were machinery everywhere. And bricks and rocks and everything. It was extremely warm wheater.

The poor kitty passed away few hours before, I can guess from the small number of flies around. Kitty was on her belly, her head in between the paws, not to see anything I guess. It was dust and windy and nobody cared about kitty.

From that moment I stopped to inquire myself whether helping our furry companions to cross the bridge is a good or a bad thing.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every living thing needs someone to care about them. To love them, to miss them when they leave....you have been through so much loss, have felt such horrible pain, because you gave them so much of yourself. And that is exactly what they wanted and needed. You comforted and took care of the sick, you will give mercy to the dieing.
There is no way to prepare your heart for what is coming. Just know you gave that heart, and a wonderful life to that sweet boy, and to the others who you loved and cared for. You are so blessed to have known them, to have shared your life's journey for a little while with each and every one of them. And just as you would want them to go on and be happy if you were the first to go, so they want for you. because that is what love is, eternal and only wanting the best for those we share our lives with.
My heart cries for what you are going through, I wish I could make it all better. But each and every one of us travels that road of sorrow alone, and comes to term with it in our own time. Time is the only thing that helps.
Know you will always have a bind with taht sweet boy, his new path will forever parallel yours. Take care., I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers....be gentle on yourself.....

escoozeemoi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Few months ago I saw a black kitten in a construction place. There were machinery everywhere. And bricks and rocks and everything. It was extremely warm wheater.

The poor kitty passed away few hours before, I can guess from the small number of flies around. Kitty was on her belly, her head in between the paws, not to see anything I guess. It was dust and windy and nobody cared about kitty.

From that moment I stopped to inquire myself whether helping our furry companions to cross the bridge is a good or a bad thing.
That is so heartbreaking - I know in that situation if we found the baby alive, I wouldve put it right in my shirt to get it near my chest and take it home.. even for a little while.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bear is not alone. He is with You.

And we are here to bow our heads to the eternal path of Love, which has no beginning and no end.

I believe all Creatures are endowed by Souls, they all love and we love them.

I believe there is a home for all Souls to rest, home of humans and animals alike, which has no begining and no end, which is for us to feel but not to know.

Candle light here.

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was in the Cat Health forum.. my poor Bear [13 months old, Silver Siberian Forest Cat] was diagnosed with FIP last week.

We were going to provide him with the best last bit of time, however long it was, and I was so hopeful it would be more than 10 days.

We got him in August, someone at the coffee shop I frequent at my work complex had a friend with a kitten that needed a new home. Boyfriend threatened to throw him to the woods.

My husband and I took him immediately. He is the most gentle, sweet, caring cat I've ever had an experience sharing my life with. He loved toddlers, especially our niece, and loved to play and cuddle and eat and everything..

We got a little brother in December - a tuxedo cat, and he gave me 3 hours alone.. 3 hours.
After that, he jumped the gate and became Sid's big spoon ever since.

We dont want him to suffer. My husband and I want to be selfish but refuse to be unfair to him as he doesnt deserve it.
So tomorrow at 5pm EST, I will be saying goodnight to my Bear Bear... my third kitty loss in 13 months. My heart cant take much more.

Please think of me tomorrow as I kiss his paws for the last time. I attached a pic of him with his brothers.. Weasley, Sidney, then him.

Also props to my mascara that I have on because I've been crying since 630 this morning and not a single smudge or raccoon eye.
I’m so sorry and very sad to hear about your much loved, gorgeous baby Bear. I have been crying reading your post.

I strongly believe Bear will meet with his siblings and of course your dad. I lost my silver tabby boy in March, much sooner than I expected, and my late father loved cats but never met Whiskas, I am sure they have got to know each other very well!

I just want you to know that I will be thinking of you during these hard days ahead. TCS has amazing people on it and we are all here for one another.

Take care and be kind to yourself xxxxx

escoozeemoi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m very appreciative of the kind words. It has sincerely helped..

It was a very loving experience with purrs, rubs, thank you’s. My husband held him to his chest and he snuggled to him, tilted back, and they locked eyes until he passed. So much love.