Premature Kitten

nasieba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi my cat gave birth this morning premature kitten want to know if shes still in labour im concern and feel sad

Lots of spots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi my cat gave birth this morning premature kitten want to know if shes still in labour im concern and feel sad
Hi nasieba,
I don't know much about what to do there other than take her to the vet if it has been too long and your worried. How premature are they?

Last edited by a moderator:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! How is your cat acting? Does she seem to be in distress? Can you feel her tummy for contractions (her belly will feel hard when the muscles contract)? Is she acting restless and/or panting, meowing or licking her back end & sides? I think that cats can give birth at different times so if she has any more kittens inside, she might be able to still have babies to birth and raise.
I agree with Lots of Spots that a vet check is best.
How is she doing today? Prayers and vibes that all is going well :vibes::vibes::vibes:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is the kitten still alive? If so you must fight on to try and save it. But I suspect the kitten is no more, because you arent asking how to take care of it...

IF the first kitten is premature, there is a chance the other kittens stay inside, and come out when the appropriate delivery time comes... A couple of days or even a week...
If momma is OK, no visible troubles, you observe but can wait and see.
Of course, if your vet is experienced cat obstetrician, do contact him and discuss, but in all probability there is no immediate alarm.

IF she HAS visible troubles, bleeding, fever, active labor without results, anything, contact your vet and be prepared to rush her in.... It may go very quickly and an emergency cesarean may be necessary. Or some other vet help.