Prego

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hang in there, Sicy! One of these days, she won't be able to think of any more ways to test the trust she feels, and she'll step over that boundary. It's coming -- but aren't you glad you don't have to hold your breath while you're waiting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update on Prego. She's just fine and visits every day. Still havent touched her but occasionally she will bat at my hand when we're playing

Today I gave her a kitty puff to play with and she loved it!! ..........

I love this one

......... but then she peed on it!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Just an update on Prego. She's just fine and visits every day. Still havent touched her but occasionally she will bat at my hand when we're playing

Today I gave her a kitty puff to play with and she loved it!! ..........

......... but then she peed on it!
I guess she was staking her claim...though it's one way to take the fun out her own toy!
Such a pretty girl she is,

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!! Well that was a short lived toy
she wont want to play with it now!

Thanks guys, she's a gorgeous girl.. just wish I could touch her beautiful fur! I bet she's soft.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sicy , Prego is just soooooooooo beautiful . Those pics are great of her and she looks soooooo healthy and happy
. Sicy , you are doing a great job
Hang in there , one day Sicy , one day and she is yours

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks wonderful, Sicy! Hang in there! One day, when you least expect it, that little lady will surprise you. And until then, well, all I can say is, you've done so well with her!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont want to start a new thread but man are me and my neighbor mad! We went next door yesterday to the dirt lot to check on the feeder and it was gone!
Someone completely cleaned up back there and removed everything that was there. *sigh*. We really dont know what to do, because it is not our property and we never got 'clearance' from the building manager there that we could feed the cats.. and we cant feed them on our property because remember my building manager is a beeehatch... so we are going to think about what to do next.

So last night I had 4 of them on my patio including Prego & Snowflake..
They know where to go if their main food source is gone I guess. I still put food on my patio.. even though I'm not supposed to. Just hope my landlord will not catch me.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How infuriating. I don't have any ideas of what you can do...maybe other posters will have suggestions.

Katie

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, not only the fact that we spent money and time making that feeder, plus the food and the extra bowls we had out there.. but now their main food supply is gone. Although I have a feeling there are a lot of other people in the neighborhood feeding them. My neighbor may try to contact the building owner and ask them if we can have permission to feed them there. If they say yes then we have some rights to the stuff, if someone decides to take it again. If not, well I dont know. But they will always have food on my patio. I wont let them starve.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sicy, I'm sorry for not taking the time to read back through the whole thread, but with all the work Scott's put together to convince his community to save a colony of ferals, any way to print out some of that info and use it to talk to the building and get official permission to "manage the cats" on the property? That's really the only thing I can think of!

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that the feeders and bowls were taken. I hope you get permission to feed your "babies".
I live in an addition and other homeowners were not happy I was feeding my ferals all winter. But I also found out that three other houses were helping them out too. I guess they were sleeping and hanging out on my deck and shed and visiting other homes for additional snacks.
My husband and I live trapped them all this spring and took them to a farmer who welcomed them with open arms. Unfortunately, Momma cat was too smart for the live traps but not smart enough for the roads. We found her dead before she had her spring litter and took her to our private burial site and shed tears for her. I feel guilty because she would have still been in our back yard but for those darn live traps. She left because we were trapping her kittens. I cry everytime I think of her. She was a good mommy kitty.

Subee, whose yard is now empty...but the birds are happier.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I touched her! For a sec..

She layed down on the scratcher, which is right next to my chair, and I held my hand/fingers out to her and she sniffed my finger. I pulled away. She got comfortable and layed her head down. She was so close.. I couldnt resist. I reached my hand slowly and lightly touched her ear.. then pulled away. She didnt move. So I tried again and touched the top of her head. She snapped her head up so fast!!
So I pulled away. Then she just sat there and stared at me. I figure I better not push my luck!

I feel like it doesnt count though because she didnt know I was touching her.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sicy this is wonderful

Yes she knows you touched her , you can be sure of that .
I think it was good not pushing your luck , the next time it may be a little longer for you to touch her . I think she was just seeing what you going to do with that long look , to see if she still can trust you . I peronal think that you did very good Sicy
and I am very happy for you

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You think she doesn't know, Sicy? She knows! She was measuring you with that look -- "How far are you going, human? Not going to get fresh are you?" I think you played it exactly right, and if you go reeeeeeeeeal easy, on the same level, next thing you know she'll start leaning into it, just a little, then a little more....The ice is cracking, oh, yes, the ice is cracking. How sweet it is!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's Great SICY!!!!!!
Eventually, you will be able to pet her!
Isn't it an AWESOME feeling knowing that she is letting u closer and closer??

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY!! soon she'll be loving on you. Molly used to never let me touch her and now she writhes around in pleasure as long as I pet her head and neck.. below that though, and things get ugly. but it only takes a little time from the first allowed touching to get them to loving it.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update. I have not seen Prego for probably a month
I am worried about her and hope she has just relocated somewhere else.. because there are about 4 sisters that are always on my patio and could have possibly run her out (they dont get along). Here are the main sisters.. they were trapped and spayed last year. b&w Fatty, siamese Snowflake and calico Patches.

Over the passed few months, 2 new kittens showed up with their momma.. they are the sweetest things. One b&w and one tortie. After about a month of feeding them and getting them to play, I was finally able to fully pet both of them. They absolutely decided that they loved scritches and pets

So anyway, they disappeared too for about 2 weeks and I started getting worried and sad.. because these have been the ONLY ferals I have ever got to pet, and now they were gone.. so One day I walked around the neighborhood in and out of the complex's near mine to look for them, or signs of other people feeding the cats.

I found them 2 apartment complex's away, spoke to a Russian man and his daughter that claimed they were 'his' cats lol! As I was speaking to him I saw Chatty (the b&w) run passed us and omg I was just so happy and relieved to see him. Then I saw Shyla (the tortie) run into the bushes as well. They have a great set up over at his house, he feeds them, he made them a little shelter with blankets inside and he says they are always there chatting with him and waiting for food.

With this great news that they had their own home, my neighbor and I convinced him to let us trap them to get fixed! So we called our lady from the homeless cat network and she did a TNR on them last week
Hopefully all is well with them! They were my favorites *sigh* I just wish they would come back and visit me. Geez its literally only like 1 or 2 blocks away! But again, I think the 'sisters' that hang out here run everyone else away unfortunately.