Pregnanttttttt

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! I have had this stray cat pretty much live at my house for a few years now. (Named her spooks) We feed them and have built a shelter for them from the cold. She has turned up pregnant. She has never let me touch her but I’m wondering if anyone can estimate how far along she looks in these photos. They are not the best quality since they were screenshotted from a video. She looked normal and all of a sudden a few days ago we could just tell. She’s a pretty small cat so I’m worried☹☹ we had another stray cat that ended up pregnant and her pregnancy did not go well and we ended up taking her in. However spooks will not let me or anyone else touch her and we cannot take anymore cats inside😭
IMG_0079.png
IMG_0079.png
IMG_0079.png
IMG_0080.png
IMG_0081.png
IMG_0082.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure why 3 of the same pic was attached so please excuse that. Here is a picture of her before she was pregnant
IMG_0085.png

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks very heavily pregnant — and young. She could be at the end or still have a couple weeks left. Difficult to say.

Your biggest issue will be making sure the kittens do not turn feral and can be socialized and spayed or neutered. You’ll need to handle the kittens once they open their eyes and begin to toddle.

You’ll need to trap mom and get her spayed after she has the kittens or this will repeat and you’ll have a colony of feral cats inbreeding in no time flat. Just because you can’t touch mom doesn’t mean you can’t trap her.

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks very heavily pregnant — and young. She could be at the end or still have a couple weeks left. Difficult to say.

Your biggest issue will be making sure the kittens do not turn feral and can be socialized and spayed or neutered. You’ll need to handle the kittens once they open their eyes and begin to toddle.

You’ll need to trap mom and get her spayed after she has the kittens or this will repeat and you’ll have a colony of feral cats inbreeding in no time flat. Just because you can’t touch mom doesn’t mean you can’t trap her.
I’m not sure if it’s because she’s so small that she looks bigger. She’s about 3 years she’s been here since a kitten. My issue is that I’m not able to spay/neuter them. I live in a small town with one vet clinic and the spay and neuter services are costly. Needless to say there are a lot of stray cats here. I also have 3 inside cats(all spayed) and 2 dogs so I can’t take in any more it’s not my say. There is a low cost vet clinic about an hour away but it takes SO long to get in. I went there for my last cat and it took almost a year to get her in. I’m not able to keep her contained for that long. I would love to do it if there was some kinda of low cost spay/neuter in my town. ☹ also im going out of town next weekend only for a few days but im so worried for her from the last pregnant cat experience 😭

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s not young she’s just a small cat does anyone know how well small cats can tolerate birth?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Where are you located? City and state please. I’ll look for clinics for you for spay & neuter.

The cat in question should be able to deliver normally, but one never knows when or if there might be trouble. If you’re out of town when she delivers, and if she has problems, not sure what you can do.

My best advice is when you begin feeding strays in the future, is to trap them early on and get them spayed or neutered. This stops the breeding and future problems like you have now with a pregnant queen.

I know your heart is in the right place, but strays need spaying and neutering or breeding continues and it can easily get out of hand.

Please tell me where you are located so I can assist in finding services for you.

I do thank you for handling what’s on your plate now.

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? City and state please. I’ll look for clinics for you for spay & neuter.

The cat in question should be able to deliver normally, but one never knows when or if there might be trouble. If you’re out of town when she delivers, and if she has problems, not sure what you can do.

My best advice is when you begin feeding strays in the future, is to trap them early on and get them spayed or neutered. This stops the breeding and future problems like you have now with a pregnant queen.

I know your heart is in the right place, but strays need spaying and neutering or breeding continues and it can easily get out of hand.

Please tell me where you are located so I can assist in finding services for you.

I do thank you for handling what’s on your plate now.
I totally agree. There are so many stray cats in my town. I wish the clinic here provided a tnr program. Sudan Texas is where I am located thank you