Pregnant Stray...

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend and I moved into our new house 2 months ago tomorrow. When we got there, there was a beautiful stray cat that seemed to live on our porch.

About 2 weeks ago, I realized she was pregnant. It was like overnight lol. I have 3 outside cats (another stray I found in March and 2 of her babies) so I decided to bring in all of the cats. It didn't last long because my two females did not get along.

So, the pregnant stray (whom we've named Goldie Han Solo) is in the house. I'm definitely a cat lover but no expert. I don't know what I'm doing. Han is definitely pregnant and definitely at the end of her pregnancy.

Are there any signs I should be on the lookout for, as far as the upcoming birth? Anything I should be worried About? She hasn't been eating like normal and she can't seem to make it to her litter box...

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes is the other female spayed? Two unspayed tend to quarrel... and momma to be may too get extra aggressive / defensive

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Goldie might be more nervous then usual if she is gonna give birth soon. You should maybe keep her indoor and prepare a nest for her in a quiet place away from the other cats. Not making it to the litter box is maybe more of a territory thing or maybe some health issue?

Karen77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely read the articles above. My pregnant foster was having some litter box issues as well because of her size - she can't move as fast as she used to and isn't as good at judging distance as she used to be I guess. I put towels and doggie pee pads around the litter box and that solved that. I made my foster a couple nesting boxes - just cardboard boxes with towels and newspaper in them and blocked off any areas like under the couch where it's not safe for her to deliver. Other than that, nature will pretty much take care of the rest. Just make sure she has a safe place to go to and plenty of food and water. Good luck! Your cat looks about as pregnant as mine, so hopefully we'll both be having kittens soon. I'm kind of hoping for Friday the 13th kittens :)

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nature dont take care of the rest. I rescued my now 13 years old cat. I kept her last kitten before spaying her. You ll find a family for each kitty?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, the other cats are fixed. I can't have 37 cats running around (although I'd love it, my boyfriend not so much).

So, no kittens as of now. She seems to be very restless this morning. She had a decrease in her appetite for a few days but now it's back to normal. She has some what looks like dried milk on her nipples.

Today would be the best day for kittens (Friday, 13th!!).

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The wait is killing me.

She doesn't want to be touched today. She will meow at me but when I go to pet her, she runs out of reach.

Karen77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The wait is killing me.

She doesn't want to be touched today. She will meow at me but when I go to pet her, she runs out of reach.
Fingers crossed that we both have Friday the 13th kittens! Mine was acting strange this morning too and hiding a little bit. I'm at work and I'm so scared she's going to have them while I'm here!

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Han is pacing and seems to be dry heaving every little bit or so. She's eating fine so maybe she's just eating too much?

I'm about to have to go to town for a little bit and I'm hoping she is pregnant when I get back lol.

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I've been home for about 3 hours and I've been watching her. She's been having, what I would call, very short muscle spasms. She tenses up for ONLY a split second and that's it. She's had a few of these since I've been home. She doesn't make a sound when it happens. I figure it's that or the kittens are kicking her somewhere that's uncomfortable.

Speaking of uncomfortable, she can not find a comfortable position. She has tried them all. My poor Han!

The kittens are moving excessively in her belly. It give me such joy to watch. And she's so big she can barely lick herself anymore.

Question.. how long will each contraction last? I'm asking because as I'm typing this, she's had about 5 of the short spasm thingys. But they are so short.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Stage one labor can last up to 24 hours. When the contractions get stronger and very close together she will begin to push a kitten out.

It sounds like she is on her way.

Kerena87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful looks just like my very pregnant Kia which is also basically a stray that adopted me lol IMG_20171007_120403.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may have been pre-labor. The kittens will come in due time!

StrayKittensX4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No kittens yet but I feel it won't be long at all. I can not wait!!!!