Pregnant Semi-feral Was Spayed

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were in your shoes, I would call the office and leave a message for the vet to call you back today. Ask him if he in fact examined your cat. (I'm pretty sure it's illegal to charge for an exam fee and not do an exam.) Ask him if the incision is infected and if she needs antibiotics. I've never heard of taking a cat to be seen by a vet and not being given an itemization of what was done, and what the diagnosis was. I've also never had a vet examine one of my cats without me being present.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danni88

Forever Little's Mama
Adult Cat
Purraise
She rolled on her side last night for a few seconds last night and it looked like its closed but its obvious its not healed yet.
I did have a few toys in the room with her but put most of them away until maybe tomorrow or Sunday. Hopefully that prevents her from jumping or doing something that would cause it to open up. :runningcat::climbcat::dizzycat:

danni88

Forever Little's Mama
Adult Cat
Purraise
20180412_143029.jpg
Just wanted to give an update on Peanut. We decided she's apart of our family permanently:catlove:. Shes doing great and her spay incision is completely healed. I still have her separated though.
I mentioned what I thought was her sister earlier in the thread but it turns out it was her brother. We named him Bernard Tod. He got two names since we couldn't decide on one. He was such a sweet loving kitty. Unfortunately it turns out he had wet FIP. He was loved and had a home the last two weeks of his life. I made a thread for him after getting him neutered Safe To Bathe Cat Who Was Neutered Yesterday?

danni88

Forever Little's Mama
Adult Cat
Purraise
So that's why she has to still be separated. I'm keeping her entertained though. She has at least twenty different toys in her room.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So happy to hear Peanut is part of your family now. :catlove:

Just read your thread on her brother. So sorry you had to deal with all that. :alright: At least he was loved for his last 2 weeks, and didn't die alone on the streets. RIP sweet Bernard Tod. :angel3:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does Peanut have to go back to the vet to be tested for FIP?

danni88

Forever Little's Mama
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does Peanut have to go back to the vet to be tested for FIP?
She hasn't shown any symptoms or anything to be concerned about so no vet visit yet. I dont think there's a test to confirm if a cat has it but this is the first time I've gone through a kitty having FIP so I'm still trying to learn about it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hopefully she doesn't have it. :hearthrob::crossfingers: :hearthrob:

I don't know much about FIP either, but TCS has an article on it, if you're interested.
Fip In Cats