Pregnant Queen - Ongoing

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s hard to say. It can be hours; sometimes days between but not usually. It took my cat about 3-4 hours to have 4 kittens.

Can you weigh the kittens? Are they nursing?

Jessaslinger1990 Jessaslinger1990

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessaslinger1990

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She had 4 beautiful babies they are eating and now sleeping she had a rough 5 hr labor so I'll weigh and take pics tomorrow but she is still bleeding some not a whole lot but it's clearly seen she ate and drank kmr 15 mins after she was done but should I worry about the bleeding the kittens were big for her size except for tiny Tabby could that be the reason for the blood I noticed a spot on the puppy pad about the size of a silver dollar and she's still got a little blood on her lady parts

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s normal for her to bleed for 7-10 days after giving birth while her uterus heals. It shouldn’t be too much, should turn pink then brown, then disappear. Four babies! It sounds like all are nursing which is good! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh wow! She had 2 more. Six is a lot, so really watch the runt or runts. They will get pushed off the best nipples by the bigger kittens, so you’ll want to put them to a nipple when the others are asleep and/or supplement them with KMR.

Jessaslinger1990

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! She had 2 more. Six is a lot, so really watch the runt or runts. They will get pushed off the best nipples by the bigger kittens, so you’ll want to put them to a nipple when the others are asleep and/or supplement them with KMR.
I have been but now mommy cat has something hanging out of her vulva

Jessaslinger1990

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please someone tell me if they have seen this or have experienced it

Jessaslinger1990

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty had her first litter of 6 Saturday 3 days ago she's not eaten in a day and a half and now she has something hanging out of her vulva please help

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs a vet. See if you can contact your local humane society for low-cost clinics if cost is prohibitive to you, or apply for CareCredit. Nobody on this site is a vet and can give medical advice beyond "maybe it's *this*". With her being such a new mama and her having issues with her vulva, she needs professional help.

Poor mama cat. Please keep up updated with her condition. In the meantime, see if you can get anything in her system. Try kitten food, boiled chicken breast, boiled salmon, tuna, cheese etc.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Really hard to tell in the photo but is it maybe after birth? Are you sure it isn't her rectum? It's hard to tell if that's her tail just above the red thing.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be afterbirth or a blood clot.

How does she seem in general? Okay? Lethargic? Is she nursing her kittens? Does her nose feel warm to the touch as with fever?

Did she eat all six placentas? If so, she may not be hungry for a day or two.

Your answers will determine if she needs to see a vet immediately or not.

Jessaslinger1990 Jessaslinger1990

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good! Do they think she needs antibiotics or a shot of calcium?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did they give her anything for her fever such as buprenorphine? Did she finally expel the tissue?

How are her kittens doing? Is she able to nurse? Or are you feeding them?

I sure hope mom is better soon! Good you took her in.

Jessaslinger1990

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Buprenorphine?? For a cat I've never heard of that but they gave her antibiotics and an oxytocin shot I believe she expelled the afterbirth she is nursing her babies they are growing super fast it's crazy they are twice the size now the tiny tabby is getting bigger too but not as big as the others. She kept moving her first born under the bed yesterday and not the others I finally put all kinds of stuff under my bed so she couldn't take it under there again lol. She's been sitting and laying on the kittens alot and I have to move them or her when she does. And she's acting like she wants me to get in the box with them she will come out and meow until I get up then she will lead me to the box and poke in and out meowing at me. Also I think little mama has a slight flea problem I've only seen about 3 fleas on her and that was with me combing her for an HR with a flea the kittens don't seem to have any but what could I use on both mama and babies that is safe I can't go back to the vet right now the last visit was 300 dollars.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She wants you to give her praise and ooh and ahh over her babies. She’s proud!

You can put a tube of Advantage II on the back of mom’s neck. Nothing on the babies; they are too small. The vet can sell you a single tube. Otherwise, the packs come in 4 or 6 at pet stores.

It sounds like mom is feeling much better!